Home

The Official 2011-12 Regular Season Talk Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2011-12 Regular Season Talk Thread within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #497
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: The Official 2011-12 Regular Season Talk Thread

Leafs got smoked last night!

McGrattan for mayor of Smashville!

Last edited by jyoung; 11-18-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #498
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
LOL!

I don't know how any Wings fan can't see what's going on.
I'm not ready to say the Wings are horrible and we have no shot at the playoffs. I think this slump ends when Datsyuk and Zetterberg find their rhythm.

Still, we're clearly on the downslope. Teams around us are getting much better while we stay on the same path. What's worrisome is that most are younger and have more prospects; Avs, Blackhawks, Kings,...

There were rumors that Parise and Suter (very close friends) were going to sign with the Wings in the offseason. Both are UFA's and the Wings have lots of cap room for both.
Not sure if that'll happen with whispers that Suter is considering signing longterm in Nashville (good for Preds fans if he does - he's a dandy).

If we don't go out and get some decent young guys this year or in the summer, we'll be fighting for a playoff spot next year. Heck, we are right now.

I've been screaming to the masses that Filpulla needs to be traded. I don't hate the guy, but he's clearly maxed out as a 55-point player.
Maybe he needs a change of scenery? I don't know. But right now, we don't need anymore soft 50-point players.
Honestly, if I were Tick Tock, The gay hairdresser Filpula (long story how that nickname came about) and The Mule (Frazen) would both be on the block.

I think the thing with Dats is I don't think his wrist ever actually got better, he just hasn't been the same since that injury though it could be coincidental. You're right though Dats and Zets gotta get er going.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #499
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Didn't the Rangers get an NCAA free agent d-man that has turned out alright? His name escapes me right now....

EDIT: Matt Gilroy (playing for Tampa now). He's not a top of the line defenceman, but he's not terrible as far as I know.
That's what I mean though. Every year we hear about a Matt Gilroy, Viktor Stalberg, Blake Wheeler, Tyler Bozak, Matt Frattin, type guy who is an NCAA upperclassman, and they don't seem to amount to anything. It's not like back in the days of Cujo like Dr. Jones mentioned. Today it seems that all the legit NCAA guys like Toews or Kessel are one and done's. I'm not buying the hype on late bloomers anymore.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:10 PM   #500
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

The Hawks defense is about as lousy as I've ever seen it. Keith has been on the ice for all 5 goals. Seabrook needs to get healthy quickly.

Giving up 5 goals to Calgary is unacceptable.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 11-18-2011, 11:30 PM   #501
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

Best game Avs have played in a while. Effort was there from the start and controlling the puck a lot. One thing I still don't like is the dump & chase while on the PP. Oh well, just build the momentum from here..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2011, 11:56 PM   #502
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVish
The Hawks defense is about as lousy as I've ever seen it. Keith has been on the ice for all 5 goals. Seabrook needs to get healthy quickly.

Giving up 5 goals to Calgary is unacceptable.
I had a bad feeling about this game going into it, we just beat Vancouver and were finally on a little winning streak, running into a struggling Flames team I thought it might be a let down game and sure enough it was.

Defense looked terrible, Keith definitely wasn't himself tonight, Lepisto was out of position all night, Montador struggled, even Leddy made a really boneheaded pass that gave the Flames a gift for their 3rd goal.

Team as a whole looked pretty bad though, top line looked like they were the only ones that came to play Toews especially.

Hopefully they can bounce back and get a win against the Oilers tomorrow, I would imagine Emery will be starting hopefully he can continue playing like he has been so far this year, would be nice to have 4 points out of the first 3 games of this trip.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27
Old 11-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #503
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

Ugh Blackhawks carrying over the effort from the Calgary game, only looking even worse.

5-1 Oilers at the end of 1.

Emery yanked after giving up 3 goals on 9 shots. Defense looks terrible, Emery didn't look good but other than the 2nd goal which was purely his fault the first and third goals could be equally blamed on the D.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27
Old 11-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #504
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan27
Ugh Blackhawks carrying over the effort from the Calgary game, only looking even worse.

5-1 Oilers at the end of 1.

Emery yanked after giving up 3 goals on 9 shots. Defense looks terrible, Emery didn't look good but other than the 2nd goal which was purely his fault the first and third goals could be equally blamed on the D.
I'm surprised. They usually bounce back after a crappy game but this one is even worse. Keith is -8 in his last 8 periods. Overall crappy game again by most of the damn team.

The Hawks need Seabrook back quickly especially Keith. He looks lost without him.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Last edited by SidVish; 11-19-2011 at 11:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »