Home

The Official 2017-18 Regular Season Talk Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2017-18 Regular Season Talk Thread within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2017, 11:50 PM   #17

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Official 2017-18 Regular Season Talk Thread

1 week until regular season! Most excited I've been for a regular season since probably 2005. For the last lockout, it was mostly just getting tired of waiting for the lockout to end. And then last Leafs playoffs ended in embarrassing fashion. So the Leafs past playoff performance combined with Jays out of playoffs now means full on hockey hype.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:23 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

EL-OH-EL at Montreal for panicking about their inability to score goals.
Do they not see who's coaching this team?
Claude Julien hates goals more than Babcock.

I always find it hilarious when coaches complain about lack of goal scoring when their strategy before every game is to play for a 0-0 tie.
When your players aren't allowed to cross the redline unless their on a PP, you can't expect your team to be an offensive dynamo.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:46 AM   #19
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
The NBA is going with ads on jerseys for this season.
NHL will follow suit next year.
I hope we never get to the mess that is the European sweater, but you never know.
It all ends up there in the end. That's why you either hold the line and not allow ads on jerseys, or just conceded that it will end up looking like European soccer jerseys.

I'm old-fashioned so I'm against ads on jerseys, but it's pointless to hold an opinion on these things. The NBA is doing it, it's only a matter of time before all sports go that way. Where there's revenue, there's a way.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:50 PM   #20
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
It all ends up there in the end. That's why you either hold the line and not allow ads on jerseys, or just conceded that it will end up looking like European soccer jerseys.

I'm old-fashioned so I'm against ads on jerseys, but it's pointless to hold an opinion on these things. The NBA is doing it, it's only a matter of time before all sports go that way. Where there's revenue, there's a way.
Have you seen European hockey jerseys? They're even worse!
Old 10-04-2017, 05:48 PM   #21

Majingir's Arena

Some random/funny "Jagr is so old" facts:

After he plays Vegas, he will have played 36 different teams in his career(this includes relocated ones like Thrashers,Whalers,Nordiques,North Stars,Jets). I wonder just how many arenas that actually includes.

He was drafted in the same draft as Keith Tkachuk. He will now be playing with Matthew Tkachuk(who wasn't even born when Keith was in Winnipeg).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2017, 06:23 PM   #22
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Have you seen European hockey jerseys? They're even worse!
Yeah, it's an abomination. They make NASCAR vehicles look restrained and austere by comparison.

The NHL will eventually get there. The league is traditionalist when it should be open to change, and open to change when it should be conservative.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:25 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Yeah, it's an abomination. They make NASCAR vehicles look restrained and austere by comparison.

The NHL will eventually get there. The league is traditionalist when it should be open to change, and open to change when it should be conservative.
Truer words have never been spoken.
Money is the reason for both cases.

Sent from my LG-K210 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-04-2017, 11:18 PM   #24

Majingir's Arena

What a way to kick off the season. Leafs win 7-2 over the Jets! Matthews,Marner,Nylander,Kadri,JVR all with goals. Marleau with 2 goals! Ironically, Andersen is a big reason why they won.

Refs obviously knew it was a national game, they were calling everything left and right. Making sure players did know the rules, and penalizing them if they broke it. Weirdest of all, Komarov got a penalty for his visor and the refs didn't even have a gesture for it so nobody knew what was going on.

I like the changes they're enforcing like stopping the cheating on faceoffs and catching guys for slashing, but hopefully in the long run it doesn't take away from the game.

Early on in season it seems like penalties might be called alot. So teams who are good at specialty teams might benefit early on like what we saw with the Leafs in this game(killed off 3 big penalties to start the 1st,and scored on their first PP and didn't look back from there)

Also, Mcdavid gets a hattrick in Oilers 3-0 win over flames!

Last edited by Majingir; 10-05-2017 at 01:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »