Home

Seattle Kraken (coming 2021-2022)

This is a discussion on Seattle Kraken (coming 2021-2022) within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2020, 05:34 PM   #137

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Seattle Kraken (coming 2021-2022)

NHL announces dates for expansion draft.

July 17th is when teams need to submit their protection list.

July 21st is when the draft takes place
Old 03-31-2021, 05:26 PM   #138

Majingir's Arena

As we get closer to expansion draft, things start getting clearer as to who could be available.

I'd imagine ALL major names who've been on waivers at some point this year will be left unprotected.

And many bigger name goalies as well.

Everyone from Tyler Johnson on Tampa to Gostisbehere on the Flyers to Loui Eriksson on Vancouver should be available.

And goalie wise, I think Seattle will have some good options as well. Nothing will be as good as Fleury, but they probably end up with a better tandem than the average team in the league has.

Holtby might be the biggest name among goalies who'll be available for the draft.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:36 PM   #139
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Holtby might be the biggest name among goalies who'll be available for the draft.
Although Holtby's cap hit is 4.3M, the Canucks deliberately backloaded his salary (2.9M this year, 5.7M in 21/22) so that Seattle wouldn't choose him.

Of course, since the Canucks are the last to discover that Holtby's .897 save percentage last year is more relevant to his current performance than being "a winner", Benning will now have to offer the Kraken a draft pick or two to take him off Vancouver's hands. True galaxy brain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post
Old 04-03-2021, 03:02 AM   #140
MVP

OVR: 0

Yeah I would not want to touch Holtby if I was a GM. Jones in Sharks is another one. I'd almost rather go with rookie goalies than them tbh.

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html
Old 04-30-2021, 02:09 PM   #141

Majingir's Arena

Cheque cleared, Seattle is officially the 32nd franchise in the NHL.

They can start signing players and making trades.

I wonder who gets signed first.

They've also announced the expansion draft will be a made for TV event and will involve celeb appearances (virtually of course).

Tyler Johnson is the one player I do see them drafting. From Spokane, Washington, and Lightning probably don't protect him. Maybe a side deal even where Seattle takes some UFA in the draft from TB, but then deals with TB and gets Johnson with TB retaining 25% of his salary?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2021, 05:31 PM   #142

Majingir's Arena

Seattle has signed their first ever player.

Luke Henman. Former 4th round pick of the Canes in 2018.

Who knows if he'll ever make the NHL, or if he'll be like Reid Duke. May never make the NHL, but can always say his biggest claim to fame is being the first player in an NHL franchises history.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:30 PM   #143
All Star

rdnk's Arena

Probably just AHL fodder. I wonder if Seattle will go after a big euro like Vegas did with Vadim Shipachyov.

If I'm Seattle, I'm not taking back Tyler Johnson unless TBL is throwing in their 2022 1st or such. 3 years at 5 M for a 30 point guy is just too much. Tampa is going to have to expose something good, there's no two ways about it. One thing Vegas did a good job with is putting the screws to teams in bad situations and Seattle needs to do the same.
Old 05-13-2021, 04:45 PM   #144

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
Probably just AHL fodder. I wonder if Seattle will go after a big euro like Vegas did with Vadim Shipachyov.

If I'm Seattle, I'm not taking back Tyler Johnson unless TBL is throwing in their 2022 1st or such. 3 years at 5 M for a 30 point guy is just too much. Tampa is going to have to expose something good, there's no two ways about it. One thing Vegas did a good job with is putting the screws to teams in bad situations and Seattle needs to do the same.
Don't forget, he's also playing under 15 minutes a game and would probably have close to 40 points if he played close to 82 games.

In Seattle, he'd be a top 6 guy getting 17+ mins a game, so he probably could get 50 points.

I do think Tampa will attach a pick with Johnson for Seattle to take him though, simply because they'd have to leave someone good exposed.

But he'd be hard from a bad pick. A former all star, Stanley cup champ, born and raised in Spokane, now playing for Seattle? Would be an easy sell for the franchise, and he'd definitely have a good shot of being the guy who sells lots of jerseys.

Last edited by Majingir; 05-13-2021 at 07:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »