Home

2018 Stanley Cup Final: Vegas Golden Knights vs Washington Capitals

This is a discussion on 2018 Stanley Cup Final: Vegas Golden Knights vs Washington Capitals within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2018, 03:27 PM   #89
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2018 Stanley Cup Final: Vegas Golden Knights vs Washington Capitals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Close enough!
Lmao. Great logic. I say the Warriors win tonight or they lose.

All kidding aside I am happy the Caps and their fans. Too bad nhl 2k hockey wasn’t around anymore. You still keeping it updated Fin?
Old 06-08-2018, 04:24 PM   #90
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
FINALLY! I have been waiting for this moment for a LOOOOOONG time.

Congratulations! Still numb?

It was cool seeing the Caps finally bring it home and Ovie’s child like exuberance was so much fun to watch. Hell of a run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 06-08-2018, 05:07 PM   #91

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Random thing about Devante Smith-Pelly, even though he's just a 4th line guy, it's nice to see him win a cup too. Main reason for me is because in the first? year of EA Sports NHL Be a Pro mode(the only year I ever played that mode), my guy was on his team in the OHL. The game had him on my line for the season and we were the top pair in the OHL. It's like watching your old junior teammate having success at the NHL level, even if he was only your teammate in a video game lol.

Don't know much about his career in the NHL or have even followed anything about him, but anytime I hear him mentioned, I remember him being the guy from the video game.

Last edited by Majingir; 06-08-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2018, 06:36 PM   #92
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

So this is my first time ever posting in the Hockey Forum and I’m as casual as they come when it comes to Hockey and the Caps but I just gotta say that witnessing your city celebrate after one of its major pro teams wins a championship is a sight to see, man.

It’s crazy how this run pretty much united the whole city regardless if you were a die hard Caps Fan or a casual who didn’t start watching until now(Winning brings out the band wagoners I know)I always envied seeing other cities celebrate winning a championship and always hoped to see it happy here one day and I’m glad I got to be a part of history last night.

19,000 inside the Capital One Center(It’ll always be Verizon dammit!)and about 20-25K outside the arena in Chinatown and probably one of the greatest sports atmospheres I’ve ever been a part of.

26 years man and seeing Ovi finally lift the Cup for the city made it worth the wait. Happy for him and the Caps Fans that stuck with this team thru all the postseason disappointments every year. The Parade on Tuesday is going to be crazy and I’ll definitely try to sneak out there since it’ll probably be the last one held in this City for awhile unless the Nats finally get over the hump and win a World Series.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:23 AM   #93
All Star

OVR: 13

Congrats to the Caps - finally paid off their long-suffering fans. Fantastic run by the Golden Knights.

A fantastic series. I really wish we would have gotten at least 1 more game, given how entertaining these games were.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:37 PM   #94

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Ovechkin winning the cup in Vegas was the most perfect thing ever.

Their celebrations are still going on.

Everything from strolling through MGM, partying with Tiesto at a club, keg stand out of the cup, bringing the cup to the Nationals game, swimming in a water fountain and so much more. All of that was simply Ovechkin with the cup lol. Imagine when he gets to Russia. We're gonna have a story one day of Ovechkin waking up with the cup in Belarus or something lol.

If someone actually followed Ovechkin around with the cup for a week, we'd have more than enough footage for a 1 hour TV show.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »