Home

2018 Stanley Cup Final: Vegas Golden Knights vs Washington Capitals

This is a discussion on 2018 Stanley Cup Final: Vegas Golden Knights vs Washington Capitals within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2018, 08:50 PM   #9
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2018 Stanley Cup Final: Vegas Golden Knights vs Washington Capitals

They are feeding off that Vegas shooting so I think they will be tough to beat. But if vegas does win Marc will win three straight Stanley Cups right?
Old 05-25-2018, 02:34 AM   #10
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
They are feeding off that Vegas shooting so I think they will be tough to beat.
Sorry, but no. I really, REALLY hate this line of thinking. The Knights are playing well because some maniac shot up a bunch of innocent people? There were more people from the Bay Area killed than Nevada residents (90% of the people murdered were out-of-state tourists). Why weren't the Sharks inspired? Or the 49ers, or the Raiders? The Leafs, Raptors, and TFC all face-planted right after the van massacre in Toronto. Do they hate Canada? Were they dishonouring the victims?

I'm sure the Knights' success has created a little distraction for survivors, and that's great. From what I can tell, the franchise has handled the situation as well as they could. But that's it. Glibly attributing a sports team's on-ice or on-field success to a real-life tragedy is gross and disrespectful IMO. I'm not blaming you, Scott; certain media types have been pushing this narrative nonstop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post
Old 05-25-2018, 02:16 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones
Sorry, but no. I really, REALLY hate this line of thinking. The Knights are playing well because some maniac shot up a bunch of innocent people? There were more people from the Bay Area killed than Nevada residents (90% of the people murdered were out-of-state tourists). Why weren't the Sharks inspired? Or the 49ers, or the Raiders? The Leafs, Raptors, and TFC all face-planted right after the van massacre in Toronto. Do they hate Canada? Were they dishonouring the victims?

I'm sure the Knights' success has created a little distraction for survivors, and that's great. From what I can tell, the franchise has handled the situation as well as they could. But that's it. Glibly attributing a sports team's on-ice or on-field success to a real-life tragedy is gross and disrespectful IMO. I'm not blaming you, Scott; certain media types have been pushing this narrative nonstop.
100% agreement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2018, 04:50 PM   #12
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

Quote:

Not what I am saying. The players are feeding off it to really try and bring some happiest to fans life. I can’t explain it but sometimes teams get like some super powers mojo going and are tough to beat. You should watch the team video of the shooting. It is kinda Interesting.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:01 PM   #13
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
Not what I am saying. The players are feeding off it to really try and bring some happiest to fans life. I can’t explain it but sometimes teams get like some super powers mojo going and are tough to beat. You should watch the team video of the shooting. It is kinda Interesting.
They are not FEEDING off the deaths of innocents. They weren't going to miss the playoffs if the shooting never happened. I'm pretty sure Toronto players wanted to bring happiness to their fans. I'm pretty sure France wanted to win Euro 2016 after an even bigger tragedy in their homeland. I'm pretty sure Mariano Rivera, by all accounts a good human being and a God-fearing man, wanted to close out Game 7 in the first World Series after 9/11. This isn't Marvel or Star Wars: dead people don't give you superpowers. It's a discredit to the what the Knights have done on the ice, and also to the victims of the LV shooting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post

Last edited by DrJones; 05-25-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:14 PM   #14
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

Quote:
They are not FEEDING off the deaths of innocents. They weren't going to miss the playoffs if the shooting never happened. I'm pretty sure Toronto players wanted to bring happiness to their fans. I'm pretty sure France wanted to win Euro 2016 after an even bigger tragedy in their homeland. I'm pretty sure Mariano Rivera, by all accounts a good human being and a God-fearing man, wanted to close out Game 7 in the first World Series after 9/11. This isn't Marvel or Star Wars: dead people don't give you superpowers. It's a discredit to the what the Knights have done on the ice, and also to the victims of the LV shooting.
Not saying that. I am saying they are feeding off bringing some joy into the fans there. How you get all that from what I said?
Old 05-25-2018, 06:15 PM   #15
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

Just look how when it happen the next home game there they beat the Stars bad. I am not saying it is giving them real special powers but it is soemthing that motivates. But it is all good. I am tired of talking about it.

Still pulling for the Caps.

Last edited by Hockeynut99; 05-25-2018 at 06:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2018, 02:39 AM   #16
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Just got back from Vegas and was pretty impressed with how much Knights stuff I saw. There were definitely quite a few people wearing their stuff, shops and restaurants with signage and specials and clothing, etc. There was a bit of a buzz. I thought nobody would give a **** at all. My little cousin who lives there doesn't care though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »