Home

The Official 2020-2021 Season Talk Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2020-2021 Season Talk Thread within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2021, 01:52 AM   #113
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Official 2020-2021 Season Talk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
He plays a more premium position, is better at 5v5, is locked in for 4 years whereas Laine is gonna get paid in the offseason
4 years? I thought Dubois was an RFA in the summer of '22, one year after Laine.

Anyway, I'm reserving judgment on this deal until Mr. Snrub activates one of his burner accounts and gives his analysis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post

Last edited by DrJones; 01-24-2021 at 01:55 AM.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:06 AM   #114
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
Jackets and Jets just managed to offload all of their problems onto each other. Honestly this is probably the best scenario for both teams.

I believe that Dubois is the best player in the deal. He plays a more premium position, is better at 5v5, is locked in for 4 years whereas Laine is gonna get paid in the offseason and Dubois is good in his own zone compared to Laine who is a complete abortion defensively. I'd rather have Roslovic than a 3rd, so it comes out even-ish.
Laine is a potential 50-60 goal scorer under the right circumstances. And Dubois is currently what, a 60+ point scorer? Last year 49 in 70? Is that a top line guy in Winnipeg? Wennberg had similar seasons in Columbus, where is he now? I know what I'd prefer. The problem with Laine will be to get him in those circumstances and I don't know if Columbus have the players to do it. He needs a playmaker and someone to do the dirtywork, but his offensive upside is huge in my opinion.

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html
Old 01-24-2021, 06:55 PM   #115

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

So the Flames will clearly win the North division...s award for most hated team.

Leafs now the latest to see why everyone hates them, specifically Tkachuk. Knee to the head on Campbell because Tkachuk "got pushed".

Simmonds scored a big goal for Leafs today. Maybe he goes for a fight on Tuesday. Hopefully Campbell isn't hurt.

Now time for a rare part of this schedule, Leafs actually have some late games. Today's was an unusual 4pm game, now we'll have some 9 or 10pm games.

Last edited by Majingir; 01-24-2021 at 09:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2021, 09:43 PM   #116
All Star

rdnk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones
4 years? I thought Dubois was an RFA in the summer of '22, one year after Laine.

Anyway, I'm reserving judgment on this deal until Mr. Snrub activates one of his burner accounts and gives his analysis.
Whoops that's what I get for shooting from the hip. It's 2 years.

Laine has the higher upside, but IMO he's too one dimensional and too many of his points come from the powerplay. Who knows, maybe Torts can teach him how to backcheck.

Alex Wennberg had one season like that, and he never had as good of possession numbers as Dubois. Dubois has the better pedigree/upside compared to Wennberg, although Laine still has more pure upside than both.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:13 PM   #117
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Got to believe it won't be long before Vancouver cleans house. The Canucks are a disaster right now.

Kind of ruining the excitement of the North division when you know two teams (Ottawa and Vancouver) look like they have no chance of making the playoffs. Hopefully, the Canucks can make a race out of it but it doesn't look good. 33 goals against in seven games? Yikes.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:26 PM   #118
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
Got to believe it won't be long before Vancouver cleans house. The Canucks are a disaster right now.

Kind of ruining the excitement of the North division when you know two teams (Ottawa and Vancouver) look like they have no chance of making the playoffs. Hopefully, the Canucks can make a race out of it but it doesn't look good. 33 goals against in seven games? Yikes.
This is an unexpected bonus of the Canadian division: there's nowhere for Benning to hide. Nobody outside the local market (and relatively few inside) care if the Canucks are underperforming against say, mediocre California teams. But getting owned on a regular basis by Canadian teams in front of a national audience? That'll turn up the heat awfully quick, though I'm afraid that means Green will be gonged before Jimbo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
DrJones brings the stinky cheese is what we've all learned from this debacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipnis22
yes your fantasy world when your proven wrong about 95% of your post
Old 01-25-2021, 12:40 AM   #119

Majingir's Arena

An interesting part of the Dubois trade I never knew about. His dad is part of the Manitoba Moose (Jets AHL affiliate). So I could definitely see a long term deal happening for him to stay in Winnipeg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99

I think everyone knew Canucks and Sens were gonna be at the bottom. Itll be fun to see which 4 get in of the other 5 teams.

Habs have been doing great, but to be fair, 3 of their games came vs Canucks.

Speaking of Canucks and Sens, their matchup is the only game on today.

Last edited by Majingir; 01-25-2021 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:23 PM   #120
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I think everyone knew Canucks and Sens were gonna be at the bottom. Itll be fun to see which 4 get in of the other 5 teams.

Habs have been doing great, but to be fair, 3 of their games came vs Canucks.
Nucks basically need to win all against Ottawa in the upcoming games now. But it won't happen since they have the worst goalies and defense of the division. Hoping Holtby would fill Markströms shoes was wishful thinking. Play Demko now. They need him at the insane playoff form he had last year and the rest of the team need to play desperate hockey like they did during the playoffs. But that won't happen either since there are no Tanevs to shot block.

It's sad to see how the team has evolved these last two seasons (they were really fun in the playoffs) just to completely crash now. It's still early but atm nothing really looks promising for the nucks this season.

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html

Last edited by nikethebike; 01-25-2021 at 06:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »