Home

The Official 2020-2021 Season Talk Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2020-2021 Season Talk Thread within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2021, 04:23 PM   #329

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Official 2020-2021 Season Talk Thread

Just under a week before the deadline, and the Sabres have already benched Hall.

Given how early they're doing it, perhaps it's because of a deal to a Canadian team (since its 7 day quarantine)?

Dont think he'd be sitting if he's not being dealt until Monday. And dont see Canadian teams waiting until the 11th hour to pull a trigger on a deal just to have to wait until a week after the deadline to get a guy (basically giving him and the team 3 weeks to work together)

So where could he go? Montreal? Winnipeg? Toronto? Edmonton? Or does he actually just stay in the US?
Old 04-07-2021, 03:34 PM   #330
Rookie

Zigs44's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
So where could he go? Montreal? Winnipeg? Toronto? Edmonton? Or does he actually just stay in the US?
Montreal just freed up some cap space with the Gallagher injury (3.75mil). I haven't looked at the teams' cap situations but that would be my guess IF he goes to a Canadian team and they have the space for it.

Toronto would have to move a LOT around to fit Hall into their already top-heavy team. I can't see Edmonton trying him again but that would be entertaining. Winnipeg would be a very solid spot for him, if they have the cap space he would immediately be surrounded by a competent team.

I don't think sitting him was for the 7-day Canadian quarantine, just a precaution like Palmieri on the Devils. Since Buffalo is complete *** this season they don't want to lower Hall's value any lower than it already is (or god forbid he gets injured and he leaves at the end of the year for nothing). I'd say he's wide open to any team in the league that really wants him.
Old 04-07-2021, 04:16 PM   #331

Majingir's Arena

Canucks games for rest of week postponed. Flames vs Oilers added for Saturday night.

Imo, just cancel Canucks season.

Either make up games by having teams who need to play more games do so vs other teams who need to make up games, or, just dont make up any games, and rework the schedule to fill in some gaps, leaving some more extra room at the end of the season if they need to make up games.

I know for the Leafs, they have a game vs Jets, 2 vs Canucks, then 3 vs Jets.

So without Canucks, theres some freed up dates in between that they could push up some Jets games for, or do something else.

If I'm the NHL schedule maker, I'm demanding bonus pay, but also wanting the league to cancel all Canucks games now rather than week by week have to draw up a new schedule.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2021, 05:35 PM   #332

Majingir's Arena

Nylander was at Leafs morning skate.

They've now announced he's not playing tonight's game for "precautionary reasons" as he was in contact with someone not on the team who might have had a positive test.

Let's hope the person he was in contact with didnt test positive, or worse, he has it too, because then Leafs could be the next ones shutting things down.

Also, Leafs say theres no concern over Andersens injury because he won't be out for long...its been a month, nobody knows what kind of injury it is, and if they need goalie depth for the playoffs, they only have a week left to get it.

Last edited by Majingir; 04-07-2021 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:12 PM   #333

Majingir's Arena

Jack Campbell ties NHL record for most consecutive wins to start a season. His 10th win, ties Carey Price a few years back.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:23 PM   #334

Majingir's Arena

Matthews with a hat trick!

But Leafs have tough time trying to stop the Sens offense. I don't know why the Sens give them so much trouble when the Oilers can beat the Sens with their eyes closed and McDavid with a hand tied behind his back.

But Campbell gets NHL record setting 11th straight win to start the year!

Last edited by Majingir; 04-10-2021 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:56 PM   #335

Majingir's Arena

Safe to say, Manny Malholtra isn't a good PP coach.

Leafs literally just have 1 play on the PP, and every single team has figured it out.

Despite scoring 1 PP goal in 3 weeks or however long its been, they still haven't changed the play they run on the PP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2021, 05:12 AM   #336
Just started!

OVR: 0

have the betting already started? or is there any betting right now?
Would love if there is one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »