Home

The Transfer Thread

This is a discussion on The Transfer Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2017, 04:02 PM   #6345

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The Transfer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Not giving a **** and not really caring are two different things though.

ESPN has one daily soccer show, with arguably their worst soccer analysts (not that I don't love me some Shaka), and as has already been pointed out, they regularly report on completely Bs news because they can't be bothered to check sources. I'll give them a bit of credit and say ESPN FC is definitely better than the website reporting, and their coverage of international tournaments is fantastic, but the day to day soccer stuff at the club level is not something they really care THAT much about.

"Pretty much the opposite" would be what NBC does.
ESPN FC is easily my favorite show on ESPN, but yeah it doesn't come close to how they cover other sports. And that is partially why I like it. It's more of a loose opinion show, with a lot of rumors given equal time to legit reporting. 4 years ago they didn't have a daily soccer show, so I guess it's an improvement on that lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2017, 05:18 PM   #6346
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
ESPN FC is easily my favorite show on ESPN, but yeah it doesn't come close to how they cover other sports. And that is partially why I like it. It's more of a loose opinion show, with a lot of rumors given equal time to legit reporting. 4 years ago they didn't have a daily soccer show, so I guess it's an improvement on that lol.
Yeah I definitely watch it, it's good entertainment if nothing else, similar to the BeIn version. A lot of the stuff they talk about are rumors that have already been de-bunked several times online, but still entertaining to watch. One of those things that sort of grows on you after a while. Some of the Fox guys back in the day even grew on me, Love me some Rob Stone.

Actually, BeIn and ESPN shows are quite similar. You've got the likable one (Vieri and Shaka), the knowledgeable ex-player who is decent but clearly biased towards his old team and possibly still stuck in the past (Nicol and Bailey), the presenter who you can't really say anything bad about but slightly bland (Murray and Thomas), and then the dude who adds absolutely nothing, is obnoxious, and is generally baffling they haven't been replaced yet (Moreno and Schoen).
Old 07-19-2017, 06:48 PM   #6347

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Yeah I definitely watch it, it's good entertainment if nothing else, similar to the BeIn version. A lot of the stuff they talk about are rumors that have already been de-bunked several times online, but still entertaining to watch. One of those things that sort of grows on you after a while. Some of the Fox guys back in the day even grew on me, Love me some Rob Stone.

Actually, BeIn and ESPN shows are quite similar. You've got the likable one (Vieri and Shaka), the knowledgeable ex-player who is decent but clearly biased towards his old team and possibly still stuck in the past (Nicol and Bailey), the presenter who you can't really say anything bad about but slightly bland (Murray and Thomas), and then the dude who adds absolutely nothing, is obnoxious, and is generally baffling they haven't been replaced yet (Moreno and Schoen).
Sometimes they will mix in other people too. You might see Ian Darke, Kasey Keller, or Brian McBride in there at random.

Who is the ESPN FC equivalent of Ray Hudson tho? Lol.

I actually like Wynalda and Lalas on Fox, but I think that's just because being a soccer fan in the US I tend to enjoy whatever major soccer conversation/coverage that I get.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:09 PM   #6348
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Who is the ESPN FC equivalent of Ray Hudson tho? Lol.
There isn't one, which is fine, this world couldn't handle two Ray Hudsons.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:20 AM   #6349
MVP

3304Life's Arena

I used to live in Cumbria, which is close to where Ray Hudson is from, and the English hate the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2017, 03:09 AM   #6350
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3304Life
I used to live in Cumbria, which is close to where Ray Hudson is from, and the English hate the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which is at least a tad bit funny considering how often they complain about their match commenters being too dull and boring and not showing any passion.

Obviously Ray is pretty over-the-top, but still.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:31 AM   #6351
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

West Ham really looking to make a run at Europa League it seems. Margins will be slim for Bilic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2017, 12:48 PM   #6352
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Chicharito back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »