Home

***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread*** within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #89
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

Hmm... a disappointing game and we really shouldn't be going down 2-1 to Reading at home in the 1st half. After that PK, the boys were just like eh and paid the price. The effort didn't really come in until the final 30 something minutes as well.

One thing I want to see next game is Mata out, Sturridge in. I wonder with being short on center forwards if we will eventually see Sturridge up front?
Old 08-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #90
RLC!!!!!!!!

Bezzey's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaGamer_OS
Pay attention Ramires.
And Sturridge
Old 08-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #91
Future EA Game Changer

ImaGamer_OS's Arena

OVR: 0

I love this transfer! Welcome Victor Moses. For those who missed the Nigerian International in our league opener, he was arguably the best player on the pitch and gave us plenty of headaches. An exciting player who adds depth to the squad.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-articl...sfer-completed

Also, we signed Cesar Azpilicueta who recently represented Spain at the London Olmpics.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2898781

Match Preview: vs Newcastle United

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2898486

Make a note in your diaries, by the way: Chelsea's defence of the Champions League starts with the group stage draw in Monaco on Thursday 30 August at 5pm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #92
Future EA Game Changer

ImaGamer_OS's Arena

A great result, Chelsea 2 - Newcastle 0. Very pleasing to make it three from three and keep another clean sheet here. Match report here:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-articl...astle-united-0

Fernando Torres showed signs that his confidence is rising. He scored a good goal and looked to get more involved. His touch failed him a couple times though there was one brilliant example of what he can do 25 minutes in when he chested the ball, let it fall to his knee and put a lovely pass to the attacking player. Class.

The Spaniard also showed a good turn of foot to win the penalty that allowed Hazard to score his first BPL goal. The ref made a great call too by the way. This was Torres' best match of the season and he now has three goals from his past four games. Goals bring confidence to any CF, Torres is no different. Torres still has a way to go before we hail his full return to form though the signs are promising.

Eden Hazard's stock continues to rise. What a player Di Matteo has brought to our club. So skillful with the ball and blistering over 5-10m that leaves most for dead. We will look back on this season in time and acknowledge we have a future Chelsea legend on our hands.'

I couldn't help but think of Victor Moses on the LW for us. Bertrand was ok, though a couple of his crosses were abysmal spoiling some good lead up work. Mata also played well and his combination with Hazard is looking really promising.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #93
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Yesterday was the best we've lookedin a while. Last yearif you would told me we'd go up 2-0 early I'd bet the house we'd concede at least 1. Great overall effort defensively. Mikel & Mierles controlled the MF and oyr CBs did a pretty good job on Cisse & Ba.

Great to see Torres score again but he still needs to be more aggressive although that long ball-chest controlled pass to Bertrand was sexy. Loved seeing RDM throw Bertrand out there to help neutralize Ben Arfa.

I can't wait til we get Marin back healthy and Moses. So much pace to run at tired legs late in matches.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #94
Midfield Maestro

Ozil's Arena

OVR: 3

Easily our best game so far in the young season. As some of you have said, we controlled the midfield and were solid defensively.

My lovefest with Eden Hazard continues to grow. He's adjusted so so well and I really enjoy watching him play. Mata was also solid and I'm glad we're starting to see more signs of the old El Nino. He's still not all the way back, but he's getting better by the week.

Looking forward to the Super Cup
Old 08-27-2012, 02:13 AM   #95
Future EA Game Changer

ImaGamer_OS's Arena

Thoughts on Victor Moses' value to the team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 03:11 AM   #96
Rookie

2nd choice winger and 3rd choice ST. I honestly don't know how he'll do. On the Wigan message boards, they're not that upset he's gone which scares me considering the 7m+addons we had to pay when we got someone like Cahill for a similar price.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »