Home

***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread*** within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #17
RLC!!!!!!!!

Bezzey's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
Looks as if Lukaku is heading to WBA on loan for the season.
Yep, that deal has been completed
Old 08-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #18
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaGamer_OS
Great to see this thread has taken off with some fellow Chelsea FC fans!

Not long now until the FA Community Shield
A battle of the fat wallets, who shall win?
Old 08-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #19
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
Looks as if Lukaku is heading to WBA on loan for the season.
I am surprised when i heard...i figured he would be able to provide a lot with his size...and potentially bring some of the same physical quality as Drogba.

Marin should impress, and I think will be hard to keep off the pitch IF his diminutive frame doesn't present problems.

I am not Chelsea fan, but I'm interested to see how Hazard and Marin fare as two small quick dudes in the Prem.

Tbh, I expected to see Hazard and Marin flying down the wings, pretty much unnerving most defenses, and throwing crosses into the box regularly, all the while presenting their own very legit scoring abilites.

Lampard could feast on the cut-backs, but I wonder if he might prove too slow for the pace that will be played up front. But, again, he really wreaks havoc as a trailer.

When the new signings begin to work together well, this team could really play some more direct-ish Barca type ball in attack. I am not sure how they feel about pressure, however, which is something they would have to do at a very high level, too. Hazard doesn't strike me as a presser. It will also ask a lot of their back four, especially in the middle, assuming Cole will (as usual) be well upfield. Counter attacks could be trouble for them.

All that aside, it's hard to imagine a Prem side better set-up for the next few years than Chelsea.

I think there was a moment not so long ago where it was uncertain as to whom among Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal would slip out of the top four on a near-regular basis. Chelsea must surely be out of the question now...and I fear Liverpool is done for. Whether City can maintain their model will have a lot to say, too.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #20
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
I am surprised when i heard...i figured he would be able to provide a lot with his size...and potentially bring some of the same physical quality as Drogba.

Marin should impress, and I think will be hard to keep off the pitch IF his diminutive frame doesn't present problems.

I am not Chelsea fan, but I'm interested to see how Hazard and Marin fare as two small quick dudes in the Prem.

Tbh, I expected to see Hazard and Marin flying down the wings, pretty much unnerving most defenses, and throwing crosses into the box regularly, all the while presenting their own very legit scoring abilites.

Lampard could feast on the cut-backs, but I wonder if he might prove too slow for the pace that will be played up front. But, again, he really wreaks havoc as a trailer.

When the new signings begin to work together well, this team could really play some more direct-ish Barca type ball in attack. I am not sure how they feel about pressure, however, which is something they would have to do at a very high level, too. Hazard doesn't strike me as a presser. It will also ask a lot of their back four, especially in the middle, assuming Cole will (as usual) be well upfield. Counter attacks could be trouble for them.

All that aside, it's hard to imagine a Prem side better set-up for the next few years than Chelsea.

I think there was a moment not so long ago where it was uncertain as to whom among Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal would slip out of the top four on a near-regular basis. Chelsea must surely be out of the question now...and I fear Liverpool is done for. Whether City can maintain their model will have a lot to say, too.
I agree Hazard should be interesting to see as he tore stuff up last year in the Ligue 1 scoring goals and assist he was amazing but it is a different game in the EPL and I am wondering how he will adjust. Marko Marin is a surprise and I feel wasn't needed but he is very skillful and however he didn't have a good season at all last year for Werder Bremen.

And I guess we will see Torres holding down the CF position as I do think you guys are looking to buy another striker meaning that Sturridge we see sometime in the striker position.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #21
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi

Hazard will play more centrally but will still have the freedom to drift out to the wings. He's MUCH stronger than Mata on the ball. He might be short but he's pretty stocky and has more burst which allows him to beat defenders with trickery and pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I agree Hazard should be interesting to see as he tore stuff up last year in the Ligue 1 scoring goals and assist he was amazing but it is a different game in the EPL and I am wondering how he will adjust. Marko Marin is a surprise and I feel wasn't needed but he is very skillful and however he didn't have a good season at all last year for Werder Bremen.

And I guess we will see Torres holding down the CF position as I do think you guys are looking to buy another striker meaning that Sturridge we see sometime in the striker position.
We needed more pace down the flanks beside Ramires. Marin has been one of our better players in the preseason, terrorizing defenders with his pace and cutting it inside. We're still going hard after Victor Moses which would most likely seal Malouda's exit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #22
RLC!!!!!!!!

Bezzey's Arena

One more day boys
Old 08-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #23
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzey

One more day boys
Will the game be broadcasted on one of the ESPN channels? Or is it on fox soccer?
Old 08-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #24
RLC!!!!!!!!

Bezzey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals57
Will the game be broadcasted on one of the ESPN channels? Or is it on fox soccer?
Fox Soccer

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »