Home

***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread*** within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2018, 02:48 PM   #3297
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

Old 08-17-2018, 08:57 PM   #3298
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Lmao I love Hazard, sometimes it seems like he’s one of us as a professional athlete.

Kante was in the WC final and has already played 90 minutes twice looking pretty close to peak fitness. Hazard has only come on as an 80th minute sub in two games and looks like he’s been double-fisting cheeseburgers all summer (because he has).

I hope he never leaves us ever.

And the second he comes on, despite the Dad bod, he’s instantly our best player. He’s inching closer to Drogba territory as my favorite ever and that makes me a little sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2018, 05:49 PM   #3299
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0

Morata actually had a pretty good game today. You could see the relief when he scored, and he looked like he was on a mission after the goal.

Really happy for him, hopefully this is what he needed.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:34 AM   #3300
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Happy with the win but some really sloppy play in the back there. Arsenal kept doing the same thing over and over and we couldn't adjust. Fortunately their finishing was worse than our defensive coverage.

Also I think Jorginho and Kante need to switch roles in the midfield. Luiz I thought was terrible at times. Rudiger was up and down.

However, Pedro has been great so far to start the season. With that, I'll take the 6 and bring on Newcastle.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:52 PM   #3301
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I went back and rewatched it, we were really only bad for a 20 min spell in the first half. I think we just got tired and couldn’t high press like we wanted too. Once they broke the press they opened us up with PEA running in behind. We adjusted but got caught out on the flanks when Alonso went inside. 2nd half we controlled the game again like we did in the first 20mins.

I like Kante in his new role better Alt. He (Kante) can’t set the tempo like Jorginho can. That first 20mins or so he was involved in everything and played 2-3 balls over the top to Kante and Ross that we really should have gotten a good look at goal from.

Arsenal missed a ton of chances but tbh, so did we. Considering we’re not even a month into our new manager and only 2-3 weeks with our top players I’m not too concerned. Match fitness + adjusting to the new system will come. Just need to find the balance and keep the tempo/rhythm up. I would like to see AC in for Luiz but there aren’t many CBs in the world capable of playing the passes Luiz does. Rudi isn’t bad at it though.

Also, how smooth is Kovacic on the ball. If you turned to a non HD channel you would almost think it’s Eden going back to his 17 kit, minus about 10lbs though lol.

Decent test against a hungry Newcastle team this Sunday. Luckily Kenedy won’t be there to kick out at anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 03:59 PM   #3302
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

This position for Kante is probably his best and most natural. He's a roaming ball winner essentially, but in the last 2 seasons he has really elevated other areas of his game.

Jorginho is fine as the deepest mid, it's mostly just the system that needs more time. It requires the back 4 and our midfield to be on the same page all the time, and of course right now it won't be like that so quickly.

We didn't even have our best player, and they fielded their full strength squad. If Hazard is fit and starting I very much doubt they even make a comeback, as it is far more likely we'd have been up by more than 2 before their first goal.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:10 PM   #3303

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
This position for Kante is probably his best and most natural. He's a roaming ball winner essentially, but in the last 2 seasons he has really elevated other areas of his game.

Jorginho is fine as the deepest mid, it's mostly just the system that needs more time. It requires the back 4 and our midfield to be on the same page all the time, and of course right now it won't be like that so quickly.

We didn't even have our best player, and they fielded their full strength squad. If Hazard is fit and starting I very much doubt they even make a comeback, as it is far more likely we'd have been up by more than 2 before their first goal.
I don't think that was a full-strength side for us. It was closer than you were to full strength, but I don't think Torreira will be on the bench, I don't think Monreal is the preferred starter, and I've a feeling once the transfer rumors/new contract speculation settles down, Ramsey will start instead of Iwobi, probably out wide.

However if Hazard goes 90', we easily lose by more than 1.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:20 PM   #3304
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
I don't think that was a full-strength side for us. It was closer than you were to full strength, but I don't think Torreira will be on the bench, I don't think Monreal is the preferred starter, and I've a feeling once the transfer rumors/new contract speculation settles down, Ramsey will start instead of Iwobi, probably out wide.

However if Hazard goes 90', we easily lose by more than 1.
The reverse fixture is definitely going to be much tastier for both teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »