Home

***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread*** within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2018, 06:25 PM   #3377
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

We are going to lose CHO because we insist on playing Willian every single match.

Even if Willian wasn't on one of his worst runs of form, it would still be silly to play him this much because it's simply just too much football.

The fact that we are doing this AND Willian is playing very poorly, as well as the fact that CHO genuinely hasn't had a bad game for us yet, is baffling.

This will end up way worse than Sancho, because at least there were legitimate reasons for not giving him minutes. He had a bunch of early-mid 20 year old players who are already studs ahead of him in the pecking order, and he was just 17.

CHO on the other hand, has two 30+ year olds as well as occasionally Victor freaking Moses, ahead of him.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:41 PM   #3378
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
We are going to lose CHO because we insist on playing Willian every single match.

Even if Willian wasn't on one of his worst runs of form, it would still be silly to play him this much because it's simply just too much football.

The fact that we are doing this AND Willian is playing very poorly, as well as the fact that CHO genuinely hasn't had a bad game for us yet, is baffling.

This will end up way worse than Sancho, because at least there were legitimate reasons for not giving him minutes. He had a bunch of early-mid 20 year old players who are already studs ahead of him in the pecking order, and he was just 17.

CHO on the other hand, has two 30+ year olds as well as occasionally Victor freaking Moses, ahead of him.

Or what about giving Emerson more run-outs. Alonso was every bit as trash as Willian yesterday and I’m sure he’ll be in the 11 vs City.

But yeah, Willian was soooo awful yesterday. The giving up on the phantom foul right outside of our box and the two perfectly weighted balls over-the-top that he completely flubbed. We should have moved him on in the summer when we could have fetched a great return. Smdh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2018, 07:43 PM   #3379
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Yeah it's frustrating, especially because I've always liked Willian a lot and this is starting to make me like him less.

We are playing him in hopes he will have another game like he did vs Barca in the CL, but even if he has one, the next 10 games after that won't be worth the 1.

CHO at youth levels was considered just as good as Sancho. This is basically RLC and Dele all over again, except the only difference being that CHO might make the sensible decision and leave.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:11 AM   #3380
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

I was watching Premier League Today yesterday and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was asked who should be played up front, Morata or Giroud. He responded with neither. He would play Hazard as a false 9 which would allow RLC to play regularly on the left hand side of the 3. Do you guys agree with that?
Old 12-07-2018, 10:54 AM   #3381
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
I was watching Premier League Today yesterday and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was asked who should be played up front, Morata or Giroud. He responded with neither. He would play Hazard as a false 9 which would allow RLC to play regularly on the left hand side of the 3. Do you guys agree with that?

I prefer Giroud starting. He’s better than Morata at everything except pressing. His link up play with his back to goal is far better and he’s a sneaky good and willing passer. He knows his limitations too with the ball at his fee where as Morata will dribble himself into trouble.

Besides, who we start as a #9 doesn’t really impact RLC’s minutes. His depend solely on his performances and he was probably the best of a bad bunch yesterday.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2018, 11:42 AM   #3382
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Hazard at false 9 doesn’t work well and doesn’t get the best out of Hazard, who also doesn’t really like playing that position.

If we were going to experiment with anyone up top I’d say it should probably be Ruben.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:49 PM   #3383
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

That was really important to our morale. A loss and people would have forgotten about our good start.

Great bounce back by Luiz. Give me aggressive Dave that borders on wreck-less over tentative Luiz any day. It was his cross field switch early in the 2nd half that jump started our passing.

Azpi was huge today too. Manning up on Sane and Sterling for 90 minutes is a nightmare and he kept them quiet. He’s boringly consistent.

Kante was pretty bad for much of the first half until the goal. It’s like he forgot he could run all day. St first he tried to pass his way out of everything and he gave it away a lot in the first half. Once he decided to break their press with his legs and dribble he ran all day down his flank. I like him better in this role. I like him high up trying to win the ball high in their half. It led to that first goal vs Fulham.

We really should have scored more than 2 tbh. Ederson made 2 or 3 really good saves.

Good rest week for Eden, Luiz, Kante, and hopefully one of Willian/Pedro, maybe even Kepa too who made a great save after a terrrrrrrible giveaway.

Old 12-13-2018, 11:52 AM   #3384
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

RLC and Hudson both starting.

Think we all know what time it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »