Home

***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread*** within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #3385
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ***The Official Chelsea FC Thread***

Time for RLC to suck it up apparently.

Oh well, game meant nothing.

CHO on the other hand was our best player, looking forward to Willian still starting over him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2018, 06:00 PM   #3386
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Sounds you guys are up for fans of the year.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:18 PM   #3387
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac
Sounds you guys are up for fans of the year.
Racist people and racism in general are a disease. It takes a long time to get rid of and it's very hard to get rid of it all, especially when it is so deeply ingrained in the culture like it was at Chelsea in the 70s and 80s (and 90s a little but not nearly as bad).

Sadly these idiots are probably legit season ticket holders. Takes multiple generations to weed this kind of nonsense out.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:02 AM   #3388

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Racist people and racism in general are a disease. It takes a long time to get rid of and it's very hard to get rid of it all, especially when it is so deeply ingrained in the culture like it was at Chelsea in the 70s and 80s (and 90s a little but not nearly as bad).

Sadly these idiots are probably legit season ticket holders. Takes multiple generations to weed this kind of nonsense out.

Racism and Antisemitism are also not Chelsea-exclusive things. Out of all the takes on this, I think putting all this on one club is wrong, as every fanbase has it's problems.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:48 AM   #3389
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Racism and Antisemitism are also not Chelsea-exclusive things. Out of all the takes on this, I think putting all this on one club is wrong, as every fanbase has it's problems.
Truthfully, Chelsea has had more of a problem with this than most other clubs. It’s true that every club has their fair share of nonsense, but with Chelsea it really became embedded into the supporter culture back in the 70s and 80s.

We had supporter groups back then that were essentially hate groups, and Chelsea supporters were amongst the worst of the horrendous hooligan culture England became known for in the 80s.

Chelsea fans need to acknowledge that this is a huge part of our past if we ever want to move forward. Otherwise we will continue to have these problems.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:13 PM   #3390

Suntan Superman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Truthfully, Chelsea has had more of a problem with this than most other clubs. It’s true that every club has their fair share of nonsense, but with Chelsea it really became embedded into the supporter culture back in the 70s and 80s.

We had supporter groups back then that were essentially hate groups, and Chelsea supporters were amongst the worst of the horrendous hooligan culture England became known for in the 80s.

Chelsea fans need to acknowledge that this is a huge part of our past if we ever want to move forward. Otherwise we will continue to have these problems.
Sure, I'm certainly not disputing the history there, though I do think blaming a single club isn't productive. Every club can get better, every club needs to get better, and people in positions of power need to stop being so dismissive about it as an issue.
Old 12-14-2018, 03:42 PM   #3391
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Sure, I'm certainly not disputing the history there, though I do think blaming a single club isn't productive. Every club can get better, every club needs to get better, and people in positions of power need to stop being so dismissive about it as an issue.
Yep, that’s the other issue as well.

Especially in England where Chelsea is seen as the main source of this problem, so other clubs tend to dismiss their own issues as not so bad.

The sad thing about this stuff is that Chelsea as a club has actually done more than pretty much every other Prem club in regards to anti-racism policies, community outreach etc.

Then stuff like this happens and it completely overshadows the great lengths the club is going through to distance itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 05:07 PM   #3392

Suntan Superman's Arena

The real issue that needs to be combated is people thinking that just because someone is a public figure doesn't mean you can treat them like garbage. Them getting paid millions of dollars doesn't create a license for people to be straight up dicks to each other. That's part of the reason I lost nearly all respect for Jurgen Klopp when he said that people should just ignore racism, because putting the onus on the victim to remain emotionally neutral in that situation is ****ing awful. That sort of thinking needs to go away, and people need, and I mean need to understand that their actions have consequences. I believe that the Spurs fan who threw the banana at Auba 'just threw a random object' and didn't mean for his action to come off racist. That being said, **** that person for thinking that it's just okay to throw things at other people.

okay imma stop before I get way too invested in this, tired of people standing up for racism and just playing pass the buck tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »