Home

Official 2013-14 Football League Thread

This is a discussion on Official 2013-14 Football League Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Official 2013-14 Football League Thread

Lovely goal by JET. Quite impressed by the Bristol City midfield so far, good young players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #26
jb1
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anners
Lovely goal by JET. Quite impressed by the Bristol City midfield so far, good young players.
JET really should be playing at a higher level, great to have him here although if he keeps playing like he has so far this season I expect him to move back up the ladder in the summer.

There are definetly some good young promising players in our midfield who can all move the ball well which bodes well for the future.

As for the game, good first half performance I thought but second half got scrappy once Rovers started pressing the ball more. Two great finishes though, hopefully we can start winning some league games now and start pushing up the table.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #27
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Honestly, that was one of the greatest nights in my life.

Admittedly my first Bristol derby, I've never experienced an atmosphere like that before, and I wouldn't be surprised if I never do again. I didn't use my seat all night, and as the game kicked off a few people started to sit down, so que the rest of the Atyeo breaking out into a chant of "Stand up, if you hate the gas". I got home and my ears were ringing, my throat was sore and my hands were stinging. I couldn't have been happier. Only two Bristol boys in the City lineup, Joe Bryan & Bobby Reid, but they were both outstanding. Chuffed to bits for Bryan to score the winner, I nearly hit my head on the roof of the stand when it flew in.

To put the cherry on the icing, I had a bet on with PaddyPower for City to win 2-1 with JET to be the first score at 45/1. Only threw on £2, walked away with £90. Happy days.

Jet says #WED!

Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 09-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #28
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Sounds like you had the time of your life, congratulations! One day, one day I will hop the pond and experience all of this gloriousness for myself. I am admittedly jealous.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #29
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anners
I'm still not even sure how Wolves got relegated. Their squad for League 1 looks insane. If they don't go up they would have to be the strongest team to fail at promotion from League 1.

I'm also not quite sure how to take the draw against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday. It means we've got 5 points from 3 games which isn't bad considering the teams we've played. We've got a difficult opening fixture list so I'm trying to keep neutral (ish) until after about 7 or 8 games.
I don't know what's up with Wolves, they were good enough to go up last year and completely fell apart, it just goes to show you how fine the line is between winning and losing, especially in the Championship which to me is THE most competitive league in Europe.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #30
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I don't know what's up with Wolves, they were good enough to go up last year and completely fell apart, it just goes to show you how fine the line is between winning and losing, especially in the Championship which to me is THE most competitive league in Europe.
Wolves got what they deserved for running Mick McCarthy out of town.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #31
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Wolves got what they deserved for running Mick McCarthy out of town.
What is it they say about karma............oh yeah it's a BI....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #32
All Star

orion523's Arena

DAVE JONES OUT!
Him and his poor team selections(saying nothing of his transfer purchases) are killing Sheffield Wednesday. How in the world do you lose to Doncaster at Hillsborough. Pathetic. Richie Barker please come and save us!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »