Home

Official 2013-14 Football League Thread

This is a discussion on Official 2013-14 Football League Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #1
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Official 2013-14 Football League Thread

With the Championship getting underway weekend past, and the Capital One Cup yesterday/today I figured now was as good a time as any to get this going.
As a Sheffield Wednesday supporter I was really encouraged by what I saw Saturday at Loftus Road against a QPR club who look as sure a bet there is to go right back up.
Nuhiu was fantastic, and in the end if Antonio converts early on in the second half we may have escaped with a point. I really think they can challenge for a top six finish, of course in the Championship they may also be relegated the competition is so close LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Official 2013-14 Football League Thread

I may be living in here.

Making another trip down to Elland Road tomorrow. Hopefully a comfortable win against Chesterfield will follow.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
All Star

orion523's Arena

In a perfect world Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday get their houses in order and return to top flight where they belong. A strong Leeds club especially makes the Premier League much more saucy.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14

Always been tempted to make a thread like this, but was never sure how popular it would be.

With that said, COME ON YOU REDZZZZ!

Bristol City's future is looking promising for the first time in ages, Saturday was a joy to watch the side Sean O'Driscoll has put together.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter

Last edited by UK0wnag3; 08-06-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Autocorrect...
Old 08-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
All Star

orion523's Arena

I was worried about Rotherham today and apparently for good reason. Derby Cup matches in hostile environments rarely work out well, add in a Jermaine Johnson red card for a head butt and well you get bounced from the league cup. At least the Pigs lost!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
In a perfect world Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday get their houses in order and return to top flight where they belong. A strong Leeds club especially makes the Premier League much more saucy.
I think the Premier League clubs want us back as much as we want us back. There's still something about Leeds which everybody hates so people want to go see us lose! Plus we take a hell of a lot of away fans everywhere.

I think for the first time in a long time we haven't got anything to moan at or worry about. We've actually spent money on a player, there's actually people wanting to go see the game and we don't need to sell players. And that's not even mentioning Brian McDermott. Seems to already understand how to get Leeds fans onside and put the club in a good light, which we haven't been in a while.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #7
Rookie

A lot of reports are saying our game against Leicester today was dull, dour etc but to be honest, it seems an absolute age we've kept a clean sheet away. We only kept 1 last season so to do so in our first away game at a team like Leicester is only a positive result.

We desperately miss Sam Byram though, Lee Peltier at right back offers little going forward and it's been like that the first two games I've seen.

Our support was class today, I didn't go but you could hear on TV how loud the Leeds fans were and on a few videos on YouTube. There's a different feel around the club this year and I really think we can make a serious challenge for promotion.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #8
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

The only way I can really follow The Football League is through The Football League show, which is great.

Glad there is now a thread!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »