Home

Official Spurs Thread

This is a discussion on Official Spurs Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2017, 03:23 AM   #265
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official Spurs Thread

Son can play pretty well as a winger can't he?

I think this window was never going to be spectacular for you guys anyway. Your first 11 is good enough that only a few very very expensive players would have improved it, and I'd imagine your management would like to give the current squad one or two more seasons to see if they can kick into a higher gear and see how many of the players can truly push towards a world class level before deciding if they need to start spending big on already proven players.

Since you weren't buying first team players, you guys basically had to find people you could convince to come and sit on the bench, which is a tough ask (though I'd imagine Sanchez is not going to be a bench option very long).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 01:31 PM   #266
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Son can play pretty well as a winger can't he?

I think this window was never going to be spectacular for you guys anyway. Your first 11 is good enough that only a few very very expensive players would have improved it, and I'd imagine your management would like to give the current squad one or two more seasons to see if they can kick into a higher gear and see how many of the players can truly push towards a world class level before deciding if they need to start spending big on already proven players.

Since you weren't buying first team players, you guys basically had to find people you could convince to come and sit on the bench, which is a tough ask (though I'd imagine Sanchez is not going to be a bench option very long).
Son is pretty good on the wing but he was at his best last season when he played up top. Obviously with Kane healthy Son won't play there much. But he's a good late game sub when more attack is needed.

I can see Sanchez and Aurier being starters and Llorente playing often. Foyth will most likely play cup matches unless there are injuries and he is needed.

Overall for what was needed and how Spurs like to do business (aka not spend a lot) I am pretty pleased with the window.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:00 PM   #267
Banned

ZeroTheHero's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I really thought Zaha was gonna come a few windows ago. He would have been a nice change of pace for you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No thanks.

I think Son plays best when he's playing alongside Eriksen and Alli slightly ahead of them and slightly behind Kane. He's good at moving around to create space for the two others as well as getting into pockets. I also like how he chases defenders who's facing their own goal with the ball, he's created both goals, assists and chances that way.

Last edited by ZeroTheHero; 09-05-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:36 AM   #268
Banned

ZeroTheHero's Arena

Davinson Sánchez is probably the biggest surprise so far. Absolutely lovely to see him secure our high line with pace and interceptions, and he's a great ballplayer as well.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:18 AM   #269
MVP

stlducks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTheHero
Davinson Sánchez is probably the biggest surprise so far. Absolutely lovely to see him secure our high line with pace and interceptions, and he's a great ballplayer as well.
It's crazy he only played at a top level (if Ajax can be called that) for 1 season. His quickness and ability to cover sideline to sideline behind Jan and Toby is amazing and allows them to be more aggressive in the attack.

I'm really happy with Sanchez and Aurier so far.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:24 PM   #270
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Wow, what an experience to be at Wembley tonight.

The place went NUTS when Spurs scored. Absolute goosebumps when ~80k sang together after the goals.

Great, great win for Spurs. Been following this club for almost a decade now, and to finally see them in person was just great. Especially on such a big night, and getting the great result made it even better.

COYS!

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 11-01-2017, 10:16 PM   #271
MVP

stlducks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Wow, what an experience to be at Wembley tonight.

The place went NUTS when Spurs scored. Absolute goosebumps when ~80k sang together after the goals.

Great, great win for Spurs. Been following this club for almost a decade now, and to finally see them in person was just great. Especially on such a big night, and getting the great result made it even better.

COYS!

That's awesome! I wish it was at The Lane but Wembley is good enough (not to be greedy.) This is exactly what fans wanted when the group drawing happened. Spurs taking on a giant, wearing the all-white kit on a weeknight.

Only bad news is Toby's injury and possibly Lloris. Hopefully neither are long term.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2017, 10:19 AM   #272
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Toby Alderweireld out until the New Year with a hamstring injury. Massive blow for you guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »