Home

The 2014-15 EPL Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The 2014-15 EPL Discussion Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #17
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24
Re: The 2014-15 EPL Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I don't understand how you can make predictions for at least a few more weeks, considering there are many moves that are still going to happen.

You people crazy.
I agree, that's why I said yesterday I was waiting until the transfer window shuts. One transfer could take you from a Europa League spot to potential Champions. I can see another wide open title race this year. I'll predict one thing, Manchester United will be a million times better this year with LVG.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #18
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
I'll predict one thing, Manchester United will be a million times better this year with LVG.
English journalists must love that they have to do press conferences with him every week now. He's a cross between Gregg Popovich and a less-insane John Tortorella.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:36 PM   #19
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
Spurs had no identity and no clue what they wanted to do. They just spent the money to spend it. Rodgers knows what he's doing.
Exactly, Rodgers has a plan, a system, and a vision for how he wants to play. He is buying playing who actually complement each other. Spurs were being, well Spurs.... Hey look at us, we spent 100 million quid...

Is it just me, but I'm already going through football withdrawal and it's only two days. American football is nice with SEC media days, but I needs me some futbol....

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 07-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #20
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Hoping to see Eriksen really turn into a top EPL player this year, or at least get in the discussion.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 07-15-2014, 04:36 PM   #21

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
English journalists must love that they have to do press conferences with him every week now. He's a cross between Gregg Popovich and a less-insane John Tortorella.
Its hilarious because there was a article from a German newspaper I think, telling the English media how to deal with him in press conferences.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 05:46 PM   #22
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0

I usually hold off on predictions until after transfers go through.

Liverpool and Tottenham will be very interesting to watch however. Very curious to see what those two managers do with their squads this season. I think it's entirely possible that we see the Spurs side everyone was afraid of seeing last season.

As for my team, it's sort of an odd thing being a Chelsea fan. I see all these top teams add all these fantastic players, and it never bothers me in the slightest. That's not arrogance though, ask other Chelsea fans, it's just how this club makes you FEEL. Especially with Jose as coach, I just always feel like we are impossible to beat for a fellow top side. The flip side of that coin is that, if somewhere on the schedule we play like Aston Villa followed by Newcastle and Sunderland, Chelsea fans are all sweating a little bit and saying to themselves: "is this weekend going to be embarrassing? ". I'm pissed at the October schedule, not because we play United and Arsenal two weeks apart from each other, but because I already KNOW we are going to get Pulis'd in between those two games.

Still can't wait for this freaking season to start.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:31 PM   #23
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Didn't Chelsea buy Diego Costa?

It's not like you've been completely quiet this window.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:38 PM   #24
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

I dont know, waiting 2 weeks into the season to make predictions is well Something

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »