Home

The Sack Race aka Official Management Carousel Thread

This is a discussion on The Sack Race aka Official Management Carousel Thread within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2017, 02:54 PM   #409

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: The Sack Race aka Official Management Carousel Thread

I think de Boer is a good hire for them, if they actually give him time. de Boer is a guy with a system that players have to buy into, and the ownership have to buy into. I refuse to make any concrete judgements on him after 14 games at Inter and 5 at Crystal Palace. Inter's poor ownership, and ownership change sealed his fate before he could really get off the ground, and while Palace didn't look great, 5 games is a laughable sample size, especially when you could see that some of the players were finally starting to buy into the system that he runs. I don't know if he's perfect for Swansea, and I don't know if he'd be able to keep them up based on their current form and players, but long-term I think he'd be a viable solution given the time and the resources(side note: he won't get them based on what Brahv has said).

Either way I think it's unfair and shortsighted to label de Boer as a failure or poor hire.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:34 PM   #410
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

I think hes going to go back to Ajax. That job just opened up. They'd love to have him back.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:39 AM   #411
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
I think de Boer is a good hire for them, if they actually give him time. de Boer is a guy with a system that players have to buy into, and the ownership have to buy into. I refuse to make any concrete judgements on him after 14 games at Inter and 5 at Crystal Palace. Inter's poor ownership, and ownership change sealed his fate before he could really get off the ground, and while Palace didn't look great, 5 games is a laughable sample size, especially when you could see that some of the players were finally starting to buy into the system that he runs. I don't know if he's perfect for Swansea, and I don't know if he'd be able to keep them up based on their current form and players, but long-term I think he'd be a viable solution given the time and the resources(side note: he won't get them based on what Brahv has said).

Either way I think it's unfair and shortsighted to label de Boer as a failure or poor hire.
100% agree.

Also, the funny thing is that Palace under de Boer probably played the most "actual football" I've seen them play. The goals weren't there because it's hard to attack when you've got almost no players that even fit the system, but they were still sort of doing it. The football was there, Palace just needed to spend like ANY money at all to get their brand new manager some of the players he needs.

Another thing worth noting, Palace's "revival" under Hodgson also happens to coincide with Zaha and Sakho coming back. Honestly it's a bit of a joke Hodgson being praised so much for their "turnaround" considering they were 4 games in and Zaha is literally carrying the entire Palace team single-handedly right now. They don't score at all if Zaha isn't involved, and Sakho is the only Palace defender that comes close to fitting de Boer's system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2017, 09:24 PM   #412

Suntan Superman's Arena

Monk took his sacking at Middlesbrough a bit rough
Old 12-23-2017, 10:06 PM   #413
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Seems like a dumb firing to me. Its early in the season and they are still in the playoff hunt. They have a decent shot at coming back up.

Old 12-24-2017, 04:47 PM   #414

Suntan Superman's Arena

Middlesbrough hoping to name Tony Pulis boss on boxing day, ensuring the club will at least accrue 5 more points.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:50 PM   #415
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
I think hes going to go back to Ajax. That job just opened up. They'd love to have him back.
My money is on Bosz returning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2017, 10:57 AM   #416

Suntan Superman's Arena

in a move no one saw coming, Carlos Carvahal, recently fired from the middling Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship makes the "step-up" to Swansea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »