Home

Can Man Utd really win the EPL?

This is a discussion on Can Man Utd really win the EPL? within the Pro Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2021, 02:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can Man Utd really win the EPL?

We won at Leeds, and City lost

But can Man United really win the title this season?

GGMU

https://youtu.be/jYqzYPJ6COM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2021, 03:40 AM   #2
MVP

3304Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can Man Utd really win the EPL?

The answer for me is no, barring any ridiculous circumstances or another huge marquee signing.

The respective fixtures last season had the same result. City losing away to Spurs and United trashing Leeds. United are clearly stronger than they were this time 12 months ago but they’re a bit of a plug and play team. A lot of what they do is just putting their best 11 out and letting them figure out how to win. Although you can feasibly lose every game to your title rivals and still win the title, I think you probably need at least 12 points from games against the rest of the top 4 to win, probably even more given how competitive things already look set to be.

This is where management plays a big role because we’ve seen what the best coaches in the league (Klopp, Guardiola, Tuchel) can do in those key moments. Solskjaer doesn’t have that managerial mindset to make the right changes at the right time, either in selection, system or in-game subs. I do think Guardiola in particular is particularly bad for overthinking games and thinking too far outside of the box, but with the level of talent he could realistically have at his disposal by the end of the window I think that could even supersede his approach.

I think we have a return to the mid-late 2000s here with a guaranteed top 4 with nobody really being near to the level of City, Liverpool, Chelsea and United, all of which with the right set of circumstances can win the title. But I think the least likely to do so is Man United.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2021, 09:54 AM   #3
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Can Man Utd really win the EPL?

Technically, Burnley can win the league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Pro Soccer »