Home

Forza Motorsport Available Today - Included with Game Pass

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport Available Today - Included with Game Pass within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 10-20-2023, 10:55 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Forza Motorsport Available Today - Included with Game Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Ever since the last update I've actually been able to play this for more then one race without it crashing. Overall, having a good time, but the AI is really bringing it down a notch. They just simply won't overtake unless you go off track. I can stay on the racing line going at a snails pace and they just simply do not want to go for it. Making the races a little boring, once I pass someone, I know they are no longer a threat.

I'm definitely spoiled by iRacing AI of late, and no console sim-cade games have gotten AI very good in recent years either, but for all the marketing talk they put around it, it's a little disheartening to see it's in a worse place the FM7 AI...

Perhaps it's something that can be changed in time, perhaps it's something I'll learn to live with, but this current method of feeling like a herder leading the sheep is already gotten painfully boring, and I'm three events into career..
I think that it is largely contingent upon your difficulty level if they pass you or hang back. I play at level 4 and then the bottom setting is in the middle and they're pretty decent, a bit too passive.

However when I go up to level 5 and put the bottom setting on the far right, the most difficult setting, then the AI becomes super aggressive, running folks off the road, acting like a maniac (probably good practice for online LOL)

So my main complaint is, can we get a level between 4 and 5? LOL, it's a little too easy at level 4 and a bit too hard on 5, at least for me anyways..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2023, 11:44 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I think that it is largely contingent upon your difficulty level if they pass you or hang back. I play at level 4 and then the bottom setting is in the middle and they're pretty decent, a bit too passive.

However when I go up to level 5 and put the bottom setting on the far right, the most difficult setting, then the AI becomes super aggressive, running folks off the road, acting like a maniac (probably good practice for online LOL)

So my main complaint is, can we get a level between 4 and 5? LOL, it's a little too easy at level 4 and a bit too hard on 5, at least for me anyways..
Yeah, I'm on max difficulty. The issue is a legacy issue where 99% of the field doesn't want to fight and the guy in P1 is lightning quick to the point that it's impossible to catch them. This has been a thing forever in FM, I was just hoping that with the whole "Revamped" AI that they would've figured something else out.

don't get me wrong, still a fun game (Haven't gotten online yet, and frankly, probably won't for awhile as the current setup where they're trying to emulate iRacing's Practice - Qualy - Race format isn't really working for me, they need to cut practice time by about a quarter for it to make sense to me, too much waiting around) but the AI I'm hoping they can do some work on as I'm just not seeing these improvements they said were coming
Old 10-20-2023, 12:11 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Yeah, I'm on max difficulty. The issue is a legacy issue where 99% of the field doesn't want to fight and the guy in P1 is lightning quick to the point that it's impossible to catch them. This has been a thing forever in FM, I was just hoping that with the whole "Revamped" AI that they would've figured something else out.

don't get me wrong, still a fun game (Haven't gotten online yet, and frankly, probably won't for awhile as the current setup where they're trying to emulate iRacing's Practice - Qualy - Race format isn't really working for me, they need to cut practice time by about a quarter for it to make sense to me, too much waiting around) but the AI I'm hoping they can do some work on as I'm just not seeing these improvements they said were coming
Ok, yeah I hear where you are coming from. I think we are going to see massive improvements in this area within the next three years.

I also haven't seen much difference in the AI, I actually thought maybe the interview I read talking all about how massively different it was must have been for another game, LOL

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-25-2023, 09:12 PM   #28
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

For career races I run at level 4 with some slight difficulty. But for my free play races I got to level 5 and depending on my car it is a real challenge.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Old 10-30-2023, 08:37 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 0

Does anyone play this on Series S? This is the first game on series s where I feel the power drawbacks make the graphics noticeably suffer a bit. I’m running it in visual mode at 30fps instead of performance mode at 60 fps since at least visual mode looks pretty good and I don’t notice a huge difference in gameplay between modes. I will say the game plays smooth and fps looks fine to me in visual 30fps mode. Clearly they had to sacrifice graphics to ensure that.

Also what assists are you guys using controller running? I’m going with all assists off except for ABS but it’s conflicting cause so many cars now in real life have dynamic tc etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »