Home

Nascar 09 setup thread

This is a discussion on Nascar 09 setup thread within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs up Re: Nascar 09 setup thread

Thank you for having me! Great forum guys!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 07:10 PM   #34
Rookie

Re: Nascar 09 setup thread

Can someone please post some decent Nascar 09 setups for racing veteran with hard opponents. The basic setup is junk and I dont have a clue where to start in the advanced screens. For those who are worried about giving away secrets, if we had the exact same setup then it would come down to the driver, not the setup! Thanks,
Raul Duke
Old 07-03-2008, 07:12 PM   #35
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Duke
Can someone please post some decent Nascar 09 setups for racing veteran with hard opponents. The basic setup is junk and I dont have a clue where to start in the advanced screens. For those who are worried about giving away secrets, if we had the exact same setup then it would come down to the driver, not the setup! Thanks,
Raul Duke
My Daytona setup is now in my EA locker for anyone to download. It may not be the greatest, but it isn't half bad. Btw: it was the same setup that I used to get into the 47's with the draft. Low 48's in race trim and almost 48 even in qualifying trim.

Last edited by Rules; 07-04-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2008, 07:11 AM   #36
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Duke
For those who are worried about giving away secrets, if we had the exact same setup then it would come down to the driver, not the setup! Thanks,
Raul Duke
More of that deals with the time spent in practice dialing in a track to get the fastest perfomance so it's not always easy for someone just to hand it over.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:02 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 19

Anyone can take anything in my locker.

I don't have many setups in there yet but there are a few.

Honestly you may find them to be junk.

I feel like everyone has there own driving style and likes the car to feel a little different.

I've found the veteran setups to be a darn good starting point for my style. They are a little loose at some tracks but nothing more than running a few laps and looking at the set up tip sheet in this thread to dial the feel you want in the car.

Just think about the changes made during a real race. They are always subtle changes and they make a big difference.

Things like air pressure. Wedge. etc. depending on the feel a driver is looking for.

Also don't under estimate the impact the line your driving in the corners has on how your car handles. If your snapping loose on the corners try the high line to tighten it up a little. If your pushing going in back the corner up a little. See what it does to your lap times.

Search around the track for where your car wants to run. That's what the pro's do.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #38
Rookie

I need some setups for 09, the super speedway and some of the 1 1/2 mile setups are ok but they can be better. I've been tinkering for days and I'm getting really frustrated on shorter and flat tracks. Please don't about me being online, I'm not in the US right now and my internet is too slow anyway to connect. I just love to play the game and at the highest settings. I am a pretty smooth driver but I suck at finding the best set ups. Any help would be greatly appreciated and until then I'll keep trying. Thank you.

P.S. Great forum with lots of help!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:24 AM   #39
Rookie

whats a competitive setup for daytona and talladega? I tend to wind up in the bottom half at superspeedways but tend to finish in the top half anywhere else
Old 07-27-2008, 10:05 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have a few setups for Daytona and Dega..

Neither are a run alone car, So Qualifying is a big drag.. 1 of my Daytona set ups shifts into 4th before the 1st turn on a restart, But It's hellaFast by the start of the next lap, If I communicate with the person behind me I can usually pull him to the front by the end of that lap.

I know for a fact that some people are faster alone then me but they seem to fade to the back come race time.

Right now im searching for a good Indy set up and working on a few martinsville setups.

For some reason my Daytona set up is really really fast at Indy but it won't turn worth a damn LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »