Home

Old 12-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17
G27 Sale?

So I look on Amazon and this thing costs about $700, right?

Go on Logitech's website $299.99 with free shipping is it me or is this the real deal?

Figured this could be a help to those who think the price is really steep.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: G27 Sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
So I look on Amazon and this thing costs about $700, right?

Go on Logitech's website $299.99 with free shipping is it me or is this the real deal?

Figured this could be a help to those who think the price is really steep.
The wheel itself is usually $249 or $299. That $700 thing is usually a whole setup with the chair, wheel, and wheel holder.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Got mine for $130 from a guy on Craigslist about 8 months ago.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #4
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31

Got mine for $150 from logitech traded in a momo for it
Old 12-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #5
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

It is generally between $229-$299 online.

That seller is just trying to make a killing, since GT5 came out, and it is around Christmas time. And the wheel has been sold out everywhere for the better part of this year.

With places like Logitech themselves not stocked, I am wondering if they are going to not make it anymore, and have a new generation on the way... especially to combat the Thrustmaster one coming out.

Best Buy and a few sites early this year I think in January were blowing them out for $150 each. And I have yet to see them back in stock since in full purchase mode.

Even Amazon no longer has a listing for it from them, only third party sellers.

Time will tell I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
Rookie

hi-teck's Arena

OVR: 2

my girlfriend worked at best buy up until about october of this year and she checked the catalog (since i preordered gt5 and knew i would need a wheel) and she said they had it marked as discontinued. i also heard elsewhere that logitech might be making a new wheel, and then there was the gt5 creator that stated he wished they made a new one to take full advantage of all of gt5's capabilities. my guess is something is in the works over at logitech.

as for the $700, it sells retail for $299. either that does come with a race chair setup (sells around $500 itself) or it was from the marketplace (third party sellers with no affiliation to amazon) where users are taking advantage of the limited supply.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RrCu9RfWvk check this out not bad?
Old 12-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #8
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-teck
my girlfriend worked at best buy up until about october of this year and she checked the catalog (since i preordered gt5 and knew i would need a wheel) and she said they had it marked as discontinued. i also heard elsewhere that logitech might be making a new wheel, and then there was the gt5 creator that stated he wished they made a new one to take full advantage of all of gt5's capabilities. my guess is something is in the works over at logitech.

as for the $700, it sells retail for $299. either that does come with a race chair setup (sells around $500 itself) or it was from the marketplace (third party sellers with no affiliation to amazon) where users are taking advantage of the limited supply.
Yeah I checked, it was a third party seller.

I figured it was discontinued, since even Logitech had been "sold out" themselves all year. And for the $150 blowout in January of this year, it seems feasible.

I guess we will be seeing the "G29/30" or a new branding. But they definitely have to combat the new Thrustmaster, Yamauchi fell in love with. And the GT is good to go for GT5 for cheaper of the high end, and Yamauchi wants more in a higher end wheel than what the G27 offers for range in all the physics. So I guess time will tell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »