Home

F1 2010: Sim Meets Arcade in the Best Possible Way, Will Bratt Shows Us How It's Done

This is a discussion on F1 2010: Sim Meets Arcade in the Best Possible Way, Will Bratt Shows Us How It's Done within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
F1 2010: Sim Meets Arcade in the Best Possible Way, Will Bratt Shows Us How It's Done

Will Bratt shows Gamesradar how to race in F1 2010.

Quote:
"Perhaps my rear wing was set too low, or maybe it was that I couldn't feel the pedals through my New Rocks - not the best driving shoes - but I did find oversteer was my main enemy. Also, wheelspin on the exit of corners often left me facing the wrong way, but tellingly this was only when I was trying too hard.

How do I know I was trying too hard? Because Formula 2 driver Will Bratt told me so. I had just challenged him to a time trial around Monaco and set a decent lap time. But once Will had gone faster, with a frankly obscenely fast line through the Swimming Pool section, the pressure was on. Whereas my initial lap had been calm and clean, I was pushing every corner and it actually made me slower."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: F1 2010: Sim Meets Arcade in the Best Possible Way, Will Bratt Shows Us How It's

October cannot come soon enough.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
I can't wait for the game, but I wish it was more than a racing game. As any f1 fan would know, the sport isn't just about racing, but also about building your own car. Each team has to design and build their own cars and they're always changing the designs. Just about every race the front wing has changed with a new aero part. I want to see an f1 capture this other 50% of f1 into a game.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: F1 2010: Sim Meets Arcade in the Best Possible Way, Will Bratt Shows Us How It's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ven0m43
I can't wait for the game, but I wish it was more than a racing game. As any f1 fan would know, the sport isn't just about racing, but also about building your own car. Each team has to design and build their own cars and they're always changing the designs. Just about every race the front wing has changed with a new aero part. I want to see an f1 capture this other 50% of f1 into a game.
YES! This is the biggest oversight with all the past F1 games. There needs to be a new engine that takes into account aero-packages in terms of building your car under the strict restrictions of the FIA.

Unfortunately I think that might be a technology that could only be possibly done through a pc interface. Also if many of the mi nut details that make creating these packages for each and every track and weather condition are not included it could lead to unusual designs that unrealistically take advantage of those shortcomings.

With that said that there is no reason they shouldn't try and do something outside the box even if it isn't totally sim.

EDIT - more thoughts ***

For years I wanted NASCAR games to add an engine building mode that allowed you to actually build engines of differing parts with varying draw backs. Sort of like a puzzle game trying to find that right combination for each track and weather condition to provide the necessary horsepower and engine life to succeed. With no right or wrong answer just different ways of accomplishing the same goal.

Last edited by catcatch22; 07-14-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:23 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

Love to read more hands-ons of this game but "Sim meets arcade in the best possible way"? Not too sure about that.

I'm still very excited cause this seems like a serious attempt at making a good F1 game but to me the simness of the physics and AI makes or breaks the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
Rookie

barryf1fan's Arena

OVR: 5

Have been watching this one as well, have my reservations about the "arcade" bit too, but that won't keep me from trying it and wonder if it is more for the online aspect of evening the cars - would suck to have to be relegated to one of the HRT or Lotus cars if the others were taken.

I bought a PS3 for the F1 game alone, so this one will wind up on my shelf no doubt.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Ninja Duck's Arena

OVR: 1

This game looks sick, I have waited so long for F1 on XBOX cannot wait till I can rip up Monaco

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »