Home

Three Most Anticipated Racing Games for the Second Half of 2010

This is a discussion on Three Most Anticipated Racing Games for the Second Half of 2010 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 10:02 PM   #9
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Three Most Anticipated Racing Games for the Second Half of 2010

1. GT5
2. Not relevant as it will pale in comparison.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:46 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8
What about the new Need for Speed? I'm excited about that one!
Old 07-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

GT5 and F1 2010 are my top two.....I already have them on pre-order. As for the third, I do see WRC as a good choice. (Oh, and don't forget, it looks like SBK X, also blackbean, just got a NA release date...although you can import it on-line for roughly the same price...it's quite well done) NFS looks like fun and I can see at as a good choice as well if you're looking for something more arcady ... they're after something different than GT5 and F1 2010 and I think they reach their goals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #12
Rookie

sleepychicken's Arena

OVR: 4

1) GT5
2) Test Drive 2
3) F1/WRC

I still play GT5: Prologue, GT5 should be great. There have been hints that a lot of the mechanics from past games such as the ******** career structure with the license tests may be out or changed to not be so frustrating and unrealistic.

Test Drive 2 looks like fun. It'll be a good game to have when I don't feel like getting all serious on some GT5. Don't know how much time, if any, I'll spend throwing parties in the "Sims" mode, but the open world driving and customization looks promising.

Need to see more about F1. Need to play a demo. Though the open wheel racing in GRID was pretty awesome, so I imagine the game will be good. Something is always a little off for me with Codemasters racers though. Can't pinpoint exactly what, but I can never stay interested in them very long. I think it's because their games are all over the place and I don't really care for the career structure. Maybe making a liscensed game will make it a more focused and interesting experience.

WRC is a great idea. BB's games have been improving lately, hopefully this will be a good title. Still, like F1, I need to see more about the game, play a demo before I consider buying it, if and when they decide to bring it over to the US.

No interest in NFS: HP right now. I watched the stage demo from E3 and it looked flat out boring. Maybe it would improve with more people in a game, but it just doesn't look all that interesting to me right now.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #13
Rookie

tommy4uf's Arena

OVR: 1

GT5, F1, and the sprintcar game that just came out on ps3. i know its already out but i was really excited to play that game and it lived up to my expectations of a $20 game. I'm gonna have to knock the dust off my wheel when these games come out. I cant wait. Now if we can just a new freakin NASCAR game, and not just a small part of GT5. A whole game dedicated to just NASCAR. I miss those games

Last edited by tommy4uf; 07-29-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 7

F1 and GT5 is all I need. I still play F1:CE to this day.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy4uf
GT5, F1, and the sprintcar game that just came out on ps3. i know its already out but i was really excited to play that game and it lived up to my expectations of a $20 game. I'm gonna have to knock the dust off my wheel when these games come out. I cant wait. Now if we can just a new freakin NASCAR game, and not just a small part of GT5. A whole game dedicated to just NASCAR. I miss those games
Are you talking about WoO? I would recommend picking up the PS2 copy of WoO. Also if you like Nascar, look for Dirt to Daytona, it is the best console Nascar game IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 10:19 PM   #16
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

GT5 is my most anticipated.

TDU2, is on the list though, if it can build upon what it was trying to do with the first game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »