Home

Three Most Anticipated Racing Games for the Second Half of 2010

This is a discussion on Three Most Anticipated Racing Games for the Second Half of 2010 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Three Most Anticipated Racing Games for the Second Half of 2010

I tend to be a fairly placid gamer. I will never be someone who lines up at my local GameStop for a midnight release. I can usually wait for games to get a little cheaper in price before buying them, and sometimes I end up really late on even the biggest titles (I just started playing Dirt, for example). Still, sometimes even I get excited for something. I did obsessively check the Forza Web site for months before the game released and could not wait to sink my teeth into that game. The same thing went for Madden 10.

And the nice part about this year is that it has already been a big year for racing games, yet I am still excited about some upcoming releases. So here are my top three most-anticipated racing games for the rest of the year:

Read More - Three Most Anticipated Racing Games for the Second Half of 2010
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
No Test Drive Unlimited 2?
Old 07-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
Rookie

seeuatthemovies's Arena

OVR: 7
Good list, I'm looking forward to these three games as well. I'm stoked to see NASCAR making a true appearance in GT5. The F1 game really intrigues me though. I liked the Sony edition of that racing series and was disappointed when they chose not to continue.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
Pro

ferriscj24's Arena

OVR: 12
I'm really starting to think GT5 is going to be the mothership of the racing genre...
Old 07-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #5
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Three Most Anticipated Racing Games for the Second Half of 2010

I have to admit I didn't know there was a new rally game coming out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferriscj24
I'm really starting to think GT5 is going to be the mothership of the racing genre...
I think that remains to be seen. The author talks about buying a PS3 for GT5, but I think Forza has become the racing game of it's genre. It's possible GT5 could change that, but it would have to wow me to do that. Forza has so much going for it including a very solid multiplayer with XBL that I'll have to wait and see if PSN can attempt to match.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 07:10 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 19
I am sold on F1 2010. Release day purchase for me. I just hope the career mode isn't as goofy as TOCA, with the mentor who sounded like Scotty from Star Trek. Give me the cars, the liveries, the tracks, and just let me race. No career mode fantasy matters to me.

WRC interest me, but it also concerns me. I hope Black Bean can pull it off. It has to be more of a sim than DiRT was. I bought DiRT used and sold it back shortly because I didn't like Codemasters going so far from what made the Colin McRae games so good. Black Bean may not have the resources to do as well as Codemasters did with Colin. (R.I.P.)

GT5 has all the goods, all the eye candy, all the hype, all the toys to succeed. Having WRC and NASCAR licenses adds to the broad appeal. But I wonder if it took too long. Did Polyphony and Sony stall to see if the economy would turn around? They must expect to sell massive amounts and make megabucks. I don't think GT will bomb creatively, but I wonder if this is the last GT. If it is the last GT, did they need to go out with a bang?
Old 07-21-2010, 07:41 PM   #7
Rookie

zdmetal's Arena

OVR: 6
I'm liking F1 and GT5, but I'm not so sure about the WRC game. I would probably replace that with TDU2 only because the other games that Black Bean have made haven't been very good.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Three Most Anticipated Racing Games for the Second Half of 2010

F1, GT5 and WRC = Racer Bliss

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »