Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Official NASCAR The Game 2011 - QnA session

Thank you for the updates! Have you had a chance to go online? How is that?
Old 03-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #18
Rookie

Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 - Impressions

how does the in car camera look?
Old 03-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #19
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

i want to see how far the damage goes on the cars. I want to see a car annihilated to the point where it can't be damaged anymore. Do you think you could post pictures of this???

Old 03-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #20
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Nascar
Thank you very much for answering my questions. I was a bit concerned about the bumps on the tracks and had a feeling they weren't going to be there. I am definitely taking the good with the bad though and definitely sounds like there is a lot more good than bad.

One more question for you. I read in the recent hands-on preview by racesimecentral.com that there was some concern of the drafting/ slingshot thing being overdone specifically at non restrictot plate tracks. Do you notice that at all on the hardest difficulty?

I can only assume its because he had it on a really low difficulty. If you fall more than 7-8 car lengths behind a car...the draft is minimal at best. Now if you are just a half a car length, or bump drafting...the draft is very prevelant......but not really overdone.

The game is what you want to make it, which is what Eutechnyx said it would be. If you want to go hard-core, you can. While it may not be NASCAR 2003 sim, its till pretty damn good. If you want it to be arcade, and just a fun racer....you can absolutely set it up that way. I really think its going to appeal to all types. That's something that a lot of developer's set out to do, but few actually accomplish it.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer all of our questions and giving us your impressions. It is much appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RILLA19
Thank you for the updates! Have you had a chance to go online? How is that?
I am happy to do as much as I can. I did go online, and while I was able to connect, it could not creat a race lobby for me.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #21
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtuttle76
how does the in car camera look?
The in-car cam(cockpit) is done very well. In fact, they have 2 versions of in-car, 1 hood, 1 1st person, and 1 3rd person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
i want to see how far the damage goes on the cars. I want to see a car annihilated to the point where it can't be damaged anymore. Do you think you could post pictures of this???

I am going to go now, and turn off all flags and do a "Dega" big one....if I can. Be back in a few, hopefully with some nice pics of the catastrophic damage.

For those concerend about no DNF"S...while they are not in the game, if you really choose to run around the track with only 60% car abaility...you're just insane. It might as well be a DNF, as you can't control the car, it's all over the place, and your speed is gone!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #22
Rookie

Its good to hear that the AI will actually cause cautions.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

So the draft is toned down on higher difficulties? Thank goodness.

Can you customize your HUD? IE - if I want to play on legend driving in car with no draft meter, no wind trails, no RIVAL graphic and no pop up point notifiers, can I do that?
Old 03-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Also, I'm excited to hear that the AI will crash on their own up to and including causing "The Big One." I remember when a caution in a racing game meant you wrecked or spun someone out. Now, have you had a chance to see how these cautions occured?

IE - Are the CPU cautions realistic (Two cars barely touching and losing it, getting loose gradually going into a corner) or are they over the top as I've seen it done in previous EA efforts? IE - Do AI cars just occasionally spin around for no apparent reason, causing carnage?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »