Home

NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions

This is a discussion on NASCAR The Game 2011 Q&A and Impressions within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #49
Rookie

goosedawg68's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NASCAR The Game 2011 - Impressions

Thanks for the info. Can't wait til Tuesday.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #50
Rookie

Spider Tre's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
I wish I had not read this thread as it has me more excited then I already was.

The question I would like to know the answer to is how long is career mode? If it is multiple seasons, do drivers just not age at all? Is, for example, jeff Gordon still going to be racing if I play 15 seasons?
i read on the NTG forums that the career mode has unlimited seasons. it goes as far as you want it to
Old 03-24-2011, 04:08 PM   #51
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Could be....BTW framrate is just awesome...no hiccups, glitches, screen tears, or weird anomalies so far!
As to the damage during the big one (lack of damage), I agree there were likely frame-rate concerns. That's a LOT of on-the-fly math you'd be trying to pull off!

I'm DELIGHTED to hear the game is smooth. I hate hate HATE 'framey' or stuttery or erratic frame rates in driving games specifically, and games in general.

How is the audio? The audio of the NASCARS in GT5 is pretty bad, very digital.

My next question was going to be about in-car view but that's been answered too, thanks again, Bob!

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #52
Rookie

Papi34's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Honestly after having the game for the time that I have had it...it is a must buy for all NASCAR gamers, and really racing fans in general. There seems to be some good racing with the AI, the graphics are very well done, car models and tracks look great.....

Based off of my hopes for the game....I would say that it is the best NASCAR game to ever hit a console, and meets what I expected, and may exceed them after I have some more seat time with the title.
Thanks a lot for that Blue (again!). I've been holding off on preordering with the few concerns that cropped up recently.
Seriously no pressure whatsoever, but that's just what I was hoping to hear. Preorder here we come!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

Awesome impressions. Thanks OP!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #54
MVP

Blitz1942's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Tre
i read on the NTG forums that the career mode has unlimited seasons. it goes as far as you want it to
They had better have retirements then. I don't care if they replace the retired drivers with fantasy drivers, but it would be ridiculous to be 15 seasons in and still have Mark Martin driving...
Old 03-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0

Disappointed by the pics showing no body damage during crashes. Couple of questions--

1. During crashes was there smoke, tire marks on track, oil on windshield, etc. or anything else like in the promo videos? (I wouldn't mind it not showing up in replays as long as it is in there when it happens)

2. Even though damage not shown in pics during crash (from replay I assume), once race restarts do the cars involved have crumpled fenders or other evidence of being involved in crash (as was shown in some of the early gameplay videos)? If so, how about some pics showing how trashed you can get it after a few big ones?

3. Can you tell whether damaged car affect speed, handling, etc.?

4. And, in your Daytona race where you said there were some AI crashes, do those cars straggle around the track for the rest of the race (as in real life) or are they able to (unrealistically) run in the pack full speed?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #56
Rookie

Spider Tre's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz1942
They had better have retirements then. I don't care if they replace the retired drivers with fantasy drivers, but it would be ridiculous to be 15 seasons in and still have Mark Martin driving...
nope, everybody keeps their ride

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »