Home

Old 03-27-2013, 04:09 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
WRC 3!

Anyone else get this game? Got it off the Playstation Store for $40, which included the DLC stage. I was reluctant because the few written reviews painted it as pretty bad. However, after watching a few videos on YouTube (there are some good ones that really get into the game) I took the plunge.

I have to say, we'll worth it! Can't quite say yet how it measures up to other rally games; probably not qualified enough to do so anyways. Still, I believe this is the first dedicated rally game to make it to North America on the PS3. As such I welcome it with open arms.

So far you got: car repair between stages (worth noting considering recent so called rally games for the PS3), replays of races, 14 locations (including DLC), and even a photo mode where you can save pictures to the XMB.

Visuals didn't exactly wow me, and I'm getting crushed on the default settings; still early though, and I haven't spent much time with it just yet. Seems like a pretty solid effort so far though.

Dedicated rally game on the PS3!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18
Question Re: WRC 3!

I picked this up yesterday and boy am I glad that I did. This is much better than 2 handling wise and graphically. My DFGT works wonderfully with this game. Didn't really like how 2 felt with my xbox 360 wheel, the controller felt better.

Not really much else to add to the OP except to say that if you are a rally fan with a PS3 and want to be able to have the actual WRC championship then this is your game.

What a rush when you get through a stage

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 03-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
MVP

Re: WRC 3!

Here's a good, in depth look at the game. Very long video, but if you are searching for details this probably has what you are looking for. I agree with most of what they say; if you are just a gamer you are probably aren't going to really get into the game, but if you're looking specifically for some rally racing on your PC or home console it delivers with a solid effort. It's great to finally have a rally game on the PS3.

http://youtu.be/VAezZRa-G5Q

Embed wasn't working.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:06 AM   #4
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5

I appreciate the post, as I've been holding off on ordering an import copy. Great to hear it released on the PlayStation Store.

Exciting and unexpected news as a rally fan.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #5
Rookie

I think something is very fishy with the low reviews. Most slam the static menus and fluff like that while pretty much ignoring the fact that the driving physics are outstanding. Graphics are not even half bad. Plus you get the full slate of cars, drivers and stages from the 2012 WRC season and a reasonably fun, albeit cheesy, career mode. Excellent wheel support.

The Vita version is equally solid in the gameplay department but lacks a few of the rallies and the career mode.

I can't stop playing both PS3 and Vita versions - a seriously underrated title!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #6
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blublub
I think something is very fishy with the low reviews. Most slam the static menus and fluff like that while pretty much ignoring the fact that the driving physics are outstanding. Graphics are not even half bad. Plus you get the full slate of cars, drivers and stages from the 2012 WRC season and a reasonably fun, albeit cheesy, career mode. Excellent wheel support.

The Vita version is equally solid in the gameplay department but lacks a few of the rallies and the career mode.

I can't stop playing both PS3 and Vita versions - a seriously underrated title!
Preach on brother. After finally putting some time in with this game, I must say that this is the best console Rally game that I have played. RBR is still King but for a console you can't go wrong here. Keeps pulling you back in

I can't stress it enough if you are a rally fan to pick this up.

Edit: We have to link up and run online fellas

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 04-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #7
MVP

Finally got a chance to delve into this game a little bit. It's holding up well as a solid racing title. I'm finding the dual shock to be a touch on the sensitive side with no apparent way to adjust it, strange too because you can adjust most everything else, but that could just be me not getting used to it with such sparse and scattered play time... Or not finding the right menu.

I think it represents rally racing very well, though again I'm probably not the one to be asking about this stuff. I don't know, it just feels good to have a true rally title on the PS3. My first rally after jumping back into this game I had a pretty nasty crash at the early stages and had to manage it the rest of the way. I had forgotten how much I like this style of racing!

Career mode is a bit cheesy as Blublub noted, and the car customization is kind of on the simplistic side, but there's pretty good variety overall from the locations to the cars... Very good game!
Old 04-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
Rookie

Can anyone possibly give me some detailed settings for a Logitech Driving Force GT? I am having a hell of a time getting anything that feels good or controls well. Thanks!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »