Home
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 10:14 AM   #81
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: DriveClub (PS4)

Free version will be available when the server issue is fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #82
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7

Does this game offer a decent amount of options for single user, offline play or do you really need to join an online club to make it worthwhile? I would be more of a sit down...have a race or two type of player.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:25 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
Does this game offer a decent amount of options for single user, offline play or do you really need to join an online club to make it worthwhile? I would be more of a sit down...have a race or two type of player.

There are 3 modes to mess around with offline.

The main mode is a lengthy series of races with increasing difficulty. You acquire stars by completing challenges, and the more stars you earn the more races you unlock.

The second mode is a single race mode where you can race on all the tracks and set up different times of day, etc.

The last mode is a drift mode.

So I would really like to get online but there is plenty to do until then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #84
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

My impressions of Drive Club so far:

The first thing that I did was change the controls to match the controls I have set up for Forza Horizon 2 ( Didn't want to have 2 different types of driving controls for the 2 games ) DriveClub is a fun game to play offline (haven't tried online since the servers were down) but the heart of the game (as it is advertised) lies with the online portion of it. Looking forward to trying this game online with some OS folks.

Graphically, I expected DriveClub to look a bit better. It is a great looking game IMO but I guess I expected it to look a lot better than it does from seeing videos the past year or so. Coming from FH 2 and Forza 5, it took me a while to get a hang of how the cars handle. Once I figured out and got comfortable with the car's handling, i had a great time trying to level up. The one thing that got to me was how aggressive and "angry" the AI was in terms of driving. The AI controlled cars did not hesitate to knock me out of the way and made it a point to push me off the road whenever they got close to me. Maybe it was because I am new to the game, but winning races wasn't a walk in the park. I like that aspect and felt I really had to earn my way to 1st place.

I am not sure if i missed it or not, but I did not see where I can try to customize my car and tune it up. Hoping it is in there and I just missed that aspect of the game since that is a big aspect in racing games IMO.

For me, FH2 and Forza 5 are visually more impressive than DriveClub. FH2 seems to be deeper and offer more offline. Don't want to compare online portions of the games since I havent tried out DriveClub's online section yet but FH2 is a ton of fun online. Hoping DriveClub is as well once I get a chance to try it out.

TL;DR: DriveClub is a fun racer and I have a feeling that playing this game with a group of friends will be a blast. I find trying to level up to be addicting and fun. Graphically not as impressive as I expected, but still a great racer and very easy on the eyes. With that said, I would definitely wait for the PS Plus edition before diving in and buying the full game to make sure this is the game for you.
Twitch Channel

Last edited by ckarlic; 10-08-2014 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

Ckarlic go the garage and you can customize your liveries and paint jobs. Unfortunately you can't tune the cars

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #86
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Has anyone checked to see if online is working today?
Old 10-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #87
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Has anyone checked to see if online is working today?

I checked this morning before leaving home and it was still offline. I plan on leaving early so I should get some games in at 3pm. If it is online I will let everyone know. I'm holding out hope it will be sometime today but who knows ha.

Old 10-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #88
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
Ckarlic go the garage and you can customize your liveries and paint jobs. Unfortunately you can't tune the cars

Thanks. I did see where you can customize your cars with different paint jobs but am disappointed in the fact that you can't tune your cars. Hoping that can be patched in down the road.
Twitch Channel
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »