Home

Best NASCAR console games

This is a discussion on Best NASCAR console games within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2017, 09:00 PM   #25
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Best NASCAR console games

I've got to check out NASCAR 06 after reading some of the suggestions here. I was only 16 at the time and didn't appreciate it too much, but maybe I'll enjoy it more now that I'm older. I do love Dirt to Daytona, which took up a few weeks of mine not too long ago. The slow career progression in DTD really appeals to me and I wish they would bring that back. Even in NHE, which is the closest thing to DTD nowadays, you're able to get respectable midfield finishes right off the bat, in your first year. I want to start my career struggling to break into the top 30, like in DTD when your car is still an uncompetitive piece of junk that just barely belongs on the track.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2017, 11:35 PM   #26
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Yes. Only certain PS3 models have PS2 backwards compatibility (in fact only one I think), but all models can play PS1 games.
Quick question, I attempted to play NBA Fastbreak 98 and the controller won't work. It sticks at the main menu and only thing I can do is hit the PS button and close the game, etc. However, Need for Speed 3 works. Have you had this issue and is there a remedy when this happens when attempting to play PS1 on PS3?

Old 07-15-2017, 01:56 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

You can try getting a cheap PS1 controller and then using a PS1 to USB adapter. It works on mine as my 2nd controller. But you have to make sure the adapter is okay, some of them have a problem where pressing 2-3 buttons at once won't work on PS3 or something. I remember some site had a table that specified what did or didn't work in terms of buttons with the adapters.

Btw which game do the cars handle better? Nascar Thunder 2003 or Chase For The Cup 2005? I think 2003 has the better career mode but I'm just goin for whichever handles nicely.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:25 PM   #28
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
I've got to check out NASCAR 06 after reading some of the suggestions here. I was only 16 at the time and didn't appreciate it too much, but maybe I'll enjoy it more now that I'm older. I do love Dirt to Daytona, which took up a few weeks of mine not too long ago. The slow career progression in DTD really appeals to me and I wish they would bring that back.
06 is really, really good, especially from a career perspective: Team commands, Whelen series, street duels, hero/villain system, oh, and let's not forget, Ace Moneymaker!!! It sounds nutty and it is, but it's still a ton of fun. If you don't mind playing a dated-looking game (and judging by the majority of posts here, we don't), it's highly recommended, especially since it's Xbox 360 b/c and you can find it for super-cheap.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:28 PM   #29
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan1984
Quick question, I attempted to play NBA Fastbreak 98 and the controller won't work. It sticks at the main menu and only thing I can do is hit the PS button and close the game, etc. However, Need for Speed 3 works. Have you had this issue and is there a remedy when this happens when attempting to play PS1 on PS3?
Hmm, I've never had a controller issue like that, and I have over 100 PS1 originals. You could try adjusting the controller analog settings in the options menu, or maybe it's just one of those rare PS1 games that isn't compatible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »