Home

Driveclub Currently on Sale For $19.99 at GameStop (In-Store Only)

This is a discussion on Driveclub Currently on Sale For $19.99 at GameStop (In-Store Only) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2015, 07:52 AM   #9
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Driveclub Currently on Sale For $19.99 at GameStop

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriolesFanRD
That price is really clutch, but I can't buy it. Still sour that they lied about the PS+ version. So I can't reward them even with $20. But even with all the problems and lies, $20 looks to be good value... but I just can't do it.
That is hilarious.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:33 PM   #10
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Driveclub Currently on Sale For $19.99 at GameStop (In-Store Only)

People are sure tore up about not getting their free demo of the game.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:44 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 10

It's SO improved from the game that was released. It's easily one of the all-time best driving games.

For $20, it's a steal - jump on that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2015, 09:25 PM   #12
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

If Evolution ever follows suite with Slightly Mad Studios (Project CARS), and offers support for the last gen Fanatec Wheels, like the Porsche GT2, I'll be interested. I can't do racing games without a steering wheel and pedals... but that's on me, not so much the game itself. However, that's the sole factor keeping me away from DriveClub right now.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:09 AM   #13
Rookie

OriolesFanRD's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDwinder
Reward the Studios that made a great game, even though they were forced to put it out by Sony for Christmas when it wasn't ready. This game has improved so much since Oct. release. Forget about the PS+ version and just get this for $20. Great value.
Nah, can't reward them. I'll just be continuing the cycle of letting stuff slide in the gaming world. They and Sony put out a half-cocked product, lied about their servers and then still haven't put out the promised PS+ version. Now I couldn't care any less about the PS+ version, its just the principle of the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
That is hilarious.
Why? Isn't like my $20 was going to matter much to them anyway. They already made the money they were going to make on this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koebner
People are sure tore up about not getting their free demo of the game.
I'm not so much torn up about the "Free demo" its the after the fact tomfoolery that Sony and Evo Studio has played. Can't get down with that type business. And the rest of the gaming community shouldn't either, but then again, now a day rushed product and the gift of gab is seen as the norm and tolerated. That's a whole nother issue though.
  • Baltimore Orioles
  • San Antonio Spurs
  • Maryland Terps [Basketball|Football]
Online Championship Wrestling
2012 Baltimore Orioles - Left us way too soon. Fun ride, fellas!
2014 Baltimore Orioles - My soul hurts. It hurts really bad
Old 04-07-2015, 11:05 AM   #14
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

The game really is great though... I paid $40 for it, but wouldn't be mad if I had paid full price. I even later purchased the season pass. Whether you think it was released half-baked, it's certainly not the case anymore.

Not trying to change anyone's mind, since it doesn't change my enjoyment, but IMO $20 is a steal.

And I think the above poster was saying people, in general, are torn up about a free demo. Evident when there's a post on PS Blog about e.g. Bloodborne, and the first post is "DriveClub PS+ Edition?" LOL, gotta admit that is pretty comical. Especially, with all of the other PS+ freebies that have come to fruition... but I know, there's principalities involved lol.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 04-08-2015, 07:49 AM   #15
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriolesFanRD
Nah, can't reward them. I'll just be continuing the cycle of letting stuff slide in the gaming world. They and Sony put out a half-cocked product, lied about their servers and then still haven't put out the promised PS+ version. Now I couldn't care any less about the PS+ version, its just the principle of the situation.

Why? Isn't like my $20 was going to matter much to them anyway. They already made the money they were going to make on this game.
What I found to be hilarious was your comment that they lied. They never lied about anything. The game released with unforeseen issues, they immediately spoke up and let everyone know what was going on and that they were working on it. They continued to improve the servers and the game , and constantly kept us updated. Frankly I feel this is the best support for I game I've ever seen. They listen to our suggestions and they add them to the game, what more could you want?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 01:15 PM   #16
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
What I found to be hilarious was your comment that they lied. They never lied about anything. The game released with unforeseen issues, they immediately spoke up and let everyone know what was going on and that they were working on it. They continued to improve the servers and the game , and constantly kept us updated. Frankly I feel this is the best support for I game I've ever seen. They listen to our suggestions and they add them to the game, what more could you want?
The promised PS+ version?

Personally, if their game is still in a state that it can't support a week or so of the crush of freemium players after months and months of recovering just from the original release and preparing for that day, then I'm not ready to give them any money.

That being said, get it below $20 digitally and I'll probably bite.

I expect we'll just get the entire game at this point this fall if not earlier with incentives to then buy DLC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »