Home

Official NASCAR Series News Thread

This is a discussion on Official NASCAR Series News Thread within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2017, 04:15 PM   #65
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Official NASCAR Series News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Las Vegas adding second Monster Energy NASCAR Cup race in 2018

Doesn't explicitly say who's going to lose a date.
New Hampshire.

Terrible trade. New Hampshire is a shorter track with a unique, paperclip shape, almost like Martinsville on steroids. It's a driver's track in which you need to use the brakes hard into the corner.

Vegas is just another 1.5-mile cookie cutter.

ZZZZZZ.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2017, 07:39 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
New Hampshire.

Terrible trade. New Hampshire is a shorter track with a unique, paperclip shape, almost like Martinsville on steroids. It's a driver's track in which you need to use the brakes hard into the corner.

Vegas is just another 1.5-mile cookie cutter.

ZZZZZZ.
Attendance talks, as does sponsorship/advertisements. Unfortunately from what I've heard, New Hampshire didn't have strong attendance for either race. Now maybe the same thing happens at Vegas, we'll see.

I for one hope that they eventually bring back Phoenix's night race. PIR will be going through a renovation, which will be ready by the fall 18 race. They will be removing the grandstands from the front stretch and adding seating to wrap around towards the dogleg. I am assuming that seating capacity will be cut slightly, which is kind of odd because any race that I've went to, has been well attended. The good part from what I've read is that all seats will be shaded. They will also be moving the start/finish line towards coming out of turn 2. Additional comforts will be added as well, such as wifi, and other fan friendly additions. I've always enjoyed PIR, so I'll be looking forward to seeing how/if my experience differs after the change.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:03 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Do NASCAR games have multiplayer season modes?
Old 03-10-2017, 12:07 PM   #68
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngels98
Do NASCAR games have multiplayer season modes?
I think that you are looking for the Nascar Heat Thread, this is more for news pertaining to the actual Nascar Series. I cannot answer your question specifically to the current game; however, I would imagine that there is a way to invite friends only in to a race and then manually keep track of points at the very least. That's how the group that I was in, did it back when EA had the title.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:45 PM   #69
MVP

Yrogergj24's Arena

OVR: 12

Monster's doing good for the sport with this attitude
Old 03-16-2017, 03:47 PM   #70
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrogergj24
Monster's doing good for the sport with this attitude
Agreed. Hopefully NASCAR can separate themselves from some of this PC BS that they've been caving to since moving away from the Winston Cup. Just tired of NASCAR seemingly caving to the opinions of people don't even attend races. It doesn't mean that there can't be safety and a draw for a new fan base, but I just feel that NASCAR had gone too far in the other direction over the last 10 plus years.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:49 PM   #71
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Las Vegas adding second Monster Energy NASCAR Cup race in 2018

Doesn't explicitly say who's going to lose a date.
Wonder if this means Homestead no longer is the Season Finale starting in 2018. I'm not a fan of this as I'm still waiting for them to add Iowa Speedway to the schedule and much prefer that instead of Vegas. As long as the second race date is a night race, then I'm ok with it. NASCAR needs more night races in the fall to get out of the NFL's way on Sundays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2017, 06:46 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Surprised there hasn't been a post on Junior's announced retirement. I bought Homestead tickets earlier today. Was already planning it, but hard to pass up now when my friend back home is a Junior fan. Not surprising given the concussions and fitting to go along with Gordon and Stewart the last 2 years, but still a unexpected.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »