Home

Motorsport Manager Review (PC)

This is a discussion on Motorsport Manager Review (PC) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2016, 12:32 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Motorsport Manager Review (PC)

Text sims are called that for a reason; traditionally, games in this genre are mostly text and numbers. Even modern titles like Out of the Park can look like (fun) spreadsheets at times. For veterans, there is joy to navigating walls of information; for newcomers, everything might look too daunting or, frankly, boring.

Thanks, I think, in part to the rise of mobile gaming, we are getting more “casual” text sims on the PC: those simulations that may be a little more pretty, a little less deep, but just as fun as their more time-consuming counterparts.

A recent example is Motorsport Manager, which gets its PC release a few years after a successful launch on iOS. Now backed by SEGA, this game from PlaySport is one of the nicest looking simulation/management games available, even if its depth and fun aren’t quite as commendable.

Read More - Motorsport Manager Review (PC)
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2016, 10:20 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
I'm not sure it's meant to be casual as much as it's just a first attempt at a PC sim. The original OOTP's depth is a far cry from today's version; same with Football Manager and the original Champ Manager. These sport sims evolve by getting deeper with time, and I think MM will do so as well, providing it finds an audience. I hope it does, as I'm having a blast with it, in spite of some of the weaknesses you accurately point out.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:12 PM   #3
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Motorsport Manager Review (PC)

I personally think any game of this type is repetitive to a degree. I mean you have the same cars racing on the same track year after year. It just a matter of whether you like the sport enough or not. As a matter of fact I find most games these days to have a major repetitiveness factor to them. It just whether you enjoy the element enough that it is not an issue. I personally do not find it repetitive at all. Every race you are setting up a car for those conditions on that day. It may rain, you may get in an accident, mechanical issues may pop up.

I love F1 and find this game to hit just about every button with me. I have already played thru 3 seasons and have enjoyed every minute with this game. Compared to some of the AAA titles that have released this year, I am much happier with this than I am with most of them.

Full disclosure: I am actually playing it even as I am typing this post and just had to get my rear wing fixed because the car behind me lost its brakes and collided with me entering a turn.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 11-20-2016 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:14 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
I really enjoy the iOS version of this game that was released a couple years ago. How does the PC version compare? What improvements/setbacks are there compared to the iOS version?
Old 11-29-2016, 07:56 PM   #5
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

There are some mods already available for this title - http://www.racedepartment.com/downlo...t-manager.133/

It's primarily name changes but I'm hopeful they will release tracks at some point. (Here's hoping.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 01:33 PM   #6
Rookie

Sportsworth's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

Text sims are called that for a reason; traditionally, games in this genre are mostly text and numbers. Even modern titles like Out of the Park can look like (fun) spreadsheets at times. For veterans, there is joy to navigating walls of information; for newcomers, everything might look too daunting or, frankly, boring.

Thanks, I think, in part to the rise of mobile gaming, we are getting more “casual” text sims on the PC: those simulations that may be a little more pretty, a little less deep, but just as fun as their more time-consuming counterparts.

A recent example is Motorsport Manager, which gets its PC release a few years after a successful launch on iOS. Now backed by SEGA, this game from PlaySport is one of the nicest looking simulation/management games available, even if its depth and fun aren’t quite as commendable.

Read More - Motorsport Manager Review (PC)
Have you played this game yet? I enjoy the one from the play store on my phone and tablet but I was wanting to get the pc version but my laptop is only a intel core i3... If you have played it do you think it will run on my laptop or no? I do know that the official site you download the game from says you need a core i5. Thanks in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »