Home

50 Minutes of F1 2017 Gameplay, Supported Wheels & Controllers Revealed

This is a discussion on 50 Minutes of F1 2017 Gameplay, Supported Wheels & Controllers Revealed within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2017, 09:05 AM   #9
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: 50 Minutes of F1 2017 Gameplay, Supported Wheels & Controllers Revealed

Love the wider tires F1 are going with this year. Great pics

Sent
Old 08-18-2017, 09:12 AM   #10
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
O... if you haven't played this series yet, you've got to give it a shot. Visually its awesome. The sounds, awesome. Gameplay, great. They do a fantastic job IMO of recreating the sport.

I still think my favorite part of this series is driving off the racing line, picking up rubber on my tires, and actually loosing grip. Driving into the grass and dirt... same thing. You'll see it on the tires, and you'll loose grip. Drive in the water out of the racing groove when its raining... you're going to loose grip and speed. Want to use voice commands to get info from your crew? do it. The cars of the different teams/manufacturers handle and perform slightly different based on their strength in the sport. Just, so many little things, that separates it from a lot of racing games.

I'm a big fan of the Forza series, and Horizon too, but I'm telling you the F1 series has been one of the most fun racing experiences I've had on a console in a long, long time. They're all had little bugs here and there, but that's common in gaming today unfortunately, but codemasters has done a good job of quickly addressing those in the past. It's just a solid game.
IMO, Codemasters are way ahead of other developers when it comes to racing, especially this gen. The detail is off the charts, and is exactly how real life F1 is. Next year I hope they add Formula 2 to this game
Old 08-18-2017, 09:37 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Can anyone recommend a good PC and Xbox One compatible wheel that I could get that wouldn't break the bank, say maybe $200'ish, to use with this game and Forza 7 this fall?

I definitely want force feedback but other than that I have no preference.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 03:51 PM   #12
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

This game definitely doesn't need to come out every year. The racing in the last one was awesome, though. I'd just like to see them do more to flesh out the career mode. It feel so basic, I'm sure they could add some features to make it more interesting.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:58 PM   #13
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I play it on XB1, and it uses the voice recognition through kinect. Id assume the PC version has it using a regular microphone, or headset etc. It is a nice feature. You can do it all with the controller as well, but good luck navigating the little popup menu to select the commands while trying to drive at those speeds, on these tricky tracks. It does some cool things... some commands like weather update for those races where the weather may change from cloud to rain and back. You can ask for updates on your team mate, time to driver in front, or behind. etc. etc.

They have also done a pretty awesome job IMO with the handling of the cars. They're a real beast to drive with assists off. That being said, I do find the game very playable with an XB1 controller too. Sure, I can't keep up with the most difficult AI levels using my controller, but truth be told, I probably couldn't with a wheel either. The game though, plays very well with a controller.

Im not the biggest F1 fan. I watch occasionally. However, this game just makes you a fan of playing it because, as I said earlier it actually makes you feel like you're running a real F1 race, and dealing with the things they deal with, especially getting out of the racing line. I lost count of how many times Ive hit a fast corner, a bit off my line into the marbles, and just sliding... try accelerating out of a slower corner while in the dirty part of the track too. Good luck. lol.

I'll stop gushing about it now, but it's probably the racing game I enjoy the most, and I love Forza 7 and Horizon 2 & 3. Id say though, F1 has been my favorite racing game every year the last few years.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do if you pick it up.
I cannot race with traction/stability control off. I literally spin out every damn corner as soon as I hit the gas. No idea how others do it.

Also, are there user mechanical failures this year?

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows

Last edited by Godgers12; 08-18-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:43 PM   #14
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I cannot race with traction/stability control off. I literally spin out every damn corner as soon as I hit the gas. No idea how others do it.

Also, are there user mechanical failures this year?

There are mechanical failures should you not manage your engine and drivetrain appropriately. I do not believe there are any random break downs.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-21-2017, 01:44 PM   #15
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
There are mechanical failures should you not manage your engine and drivetrain appropriately. I do not believe there are any random break downs.

Actually there are random mechanical breakdowns for both the player and AI during the race.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 02:53 PM   #16
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Actually there are random mechanical breakdowns for both the player and AI during the race.

Nice! Do you know if they are terminal or small things like last year with the DRS knocking out for a few laps?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »