Home

2017 racing games; the story so far...

This is a discussion on 2017 racing games; the story so far... within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2017, 02:41 PM   #25
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 2017 racing games; the story so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Thanks for posting, pk500. I haven't had opportunity to drive every game this (too many!) but rather am posting specifically about the lot that I have. Thanks for your input on WRC!

With this being Black Friday, I saw NASCAR Heat 2 up for sale for 29.00 through Best Buy so I will be adding that one to this list soon.
Here is my current Race Lineup: I am on Xbox One X, and use controller. I always test to get some solid AI settings and what assists I need with controller 1st. I broadcast all my career and franchise sports games.

1. F1 2017 - must buy for offline sim racing IMO, depth and really good AI racing compared to other titles.

2. NASCAR Heat 2 - Just picked up this weekend for $29. Been watching some twitch and seems to be playing really fun after patches. Career mode looks solid. Look forward to start a career with some fellow racer suggestions for controller and AI.

3. Forza 7 - Got this on sale also this past weekend, absolutely beautiful on X. Could really use some suggestions for controller and AI in game also. Not sure if this might be better for just multiplayer , or if career any good. Might be regretting this decision, see below...

4. Project Cars 2 - might be regretting forza decision with PC2 demo that just dropped. Game also looks beautiful in X, and I tried all 3 demo races, all seem pretty fun and potentially better than I have heard or thought. I tried PC1 and could never get my controller settings good to have fun in career mode. Love to hear peoples insight on PC 2 that are currently playing career with controller. Better than PC 1? Not sure how in depth career mode is either from demo. Right now F1 and potentially Nascar are the leaders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 04:45 PM   #26
All Star

OVR: 20

I've been undergoing the tedious, but necessary, work of finding good Xbox controller settings for Project Cars 2. PC2 features much better control out of the box with a controller than the first game, but it's still not right.

Here's the best I've found so far of about 15 settings I've tested with the same car and track. The only variable is my degree of intoxication.

Steering Deadzone - 0
Steering Sensitivity - 25
Throttle Deadzone - 0
Throttle Sensitivity - 10
Brake Deadzone - 0
Brake Sensitivity - 25
Clutch Deadzone - 5
Clutch Sensitivity - 25
Speed Sensitivity - 100
Damper Saturation - 90
Controller Damping - 35
Controller Vibration - 90

YMMV. Will update as I try more, if needed. But I really like the above settings. Fast, predictable and stable.

Realize that the PC 2 demo includes XBX visual enhancements and gameplay tweaks and fixes that will be released in a patch very soon. That patch was issued today for PC, so consoles can't be far behind.

Odd that SMS would use a demo as a guinea pig for a patch. But not a bad idea, I guess. SMS does nothing normal, that's for sure. Odd group.

Realize the above settings could be crap with the demo, which is a different game than the currently available retail product. That should change when the console patch is released. Sooner the better!
Old 11-28-2017, 04:48 PM   #27
All Star

Hunker:

As far as pure driving, you won't find a better new title this year than WRC 7. Highly recommend that game if you're looking for pure driving pleasure that requires concentration that burns holes in your corneas.

I've played nearly every console rally game since Sega Rally and the original Colin McRae Rally on the PlayStation. WRC 7 stands up as one of the finest ever created in the genre.

A truly outstanding game and an elevation of the franchise of which I didn't think developer Milestone was capable. All of Milestone's previous WRC-licensed games ranged from crap to mediocre. And then, BOOM: We're presented with this gem of a title. Solid!
Old 11-28-2017, 06:03 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Hunker:

As far as pure driving, you won't find a better new title this year than WRC 7. Highly recommend that game if you're looking for pure driving pleasure that requires concentration that burns holes in your corneas.

I've played nearly every console rally game since Sega Rally and the original Colin McRae Rally on the PlayStation. WRC 7 stands up as one of the finest ever created in the genre.

A truly outstanding game and an elevation of the franchise of which I didn't think developer Milestone was capable. All of Milestone's previous WRC-licensed games ranged from crap to mediocre. And then, BOOM: We're presented with this gem of a title. Solid!
Milestoone is not making this game anymore.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:18 PM   #29
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
Milestoone is not making this game anymore.
Thanks for the correction. No wonder this franchise suddenly rocketed from mediocre to fantastic.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:37 PM   #30
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Rally games I just suck at. why I didn't list any, But will keep in mind. thanks.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:59 PM   #31
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
Rally games I just suck at. why I didn't list any, But will keep in mind. thanks.
Thanks to pk500's excitement over WRC I took a long look at that game and Dirt4...haven't played a rally game since Dirt 2.

Due to a great BF deal I rolled with Dirt 4 and am having a great time, though thanks to pk I will keep WRC on my radar going forward for my next rally game.

I will update my original post and give NH2 and Dirt 4 the treatment after I spend more time with them.

Thanks for making me spend more money pk....even if it wasn't for WRC but you did rekindle the rally bug.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Operation Sports mobile app

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 12:11 AM   #32
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Hunker:

I tried out Dirt Rally with 1 month game pass after my 1st race in Nascar 2( which was fun), and must say, did better than I thought I would. I am not exactly sure what everything means: Rally, Rally Cross, etc. What's the difference? What's the difference between Dirt 4 and WRC 7? I could possible add one of these Rally games if one of them has a career mode that will keep me coming back like F1, but not like forza 7 which seems generic and boring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »