Home

TT Isle of Man: Ride On The Edge Review (PS4 Pro)

This is a discussion on TT Isle of Man: Ride On The Edge Review (PS4 Pro) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2018, 04:22 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: TT Isle of Man: Ride On The Edge Review (PS4 Pro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
My two requests for an upcoming patch for this game:

1. Add steering sensitivity and other controller settings adjustments to the console version of this game. They're available in the PC version released this week.

2. Tweak the physics a bit. The rear loses traction too suddenly at times and slides out when cresting hills and through dips, pitching the rider sideways diagonally off the bike. There is no warning and no catching. I also think the front end of certain bikes is a bit too "loose" when correcting while exiting a corner. What should be a simple correction instead pitches you sideways in the other direction. A bit too much of a "weighted pendulum" effect.

Minor quibbles, though. Still loving this game!

It’s hilarious you posted these thoughts...I just finished a run on the mountain with zero collisions; which is an achievement I didn’t even know about.

I was thinking to myself how they can/will improve this game over the next 6 months to a year. I wouldn’t give any feedback, because I have never driven or rode any type of motor bike so I don’t really know how they should behave.

Though, like you posted I have seen the wonky crashes. Steering has been beautiful for me, but more options only help make the game more accessible.

As far as future additions:
*I would like more real or fictional tracks
*This may not be popular idea, but real or fictional bikes
*More race modes if it fits with the theme of the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2018, 04:26 PM   #26
MVP

Due to how much I’m enjoying TTIoM, I bought MotoGP 17. At the moment I am not enjoying it all.

MotoGP feels smoother (60FPS) and looks cleaner, but the bikes just feel floaty and weird. It’s like the wheels are not in contact with the track.

Do you have MotoGP? Maybe I need to give it more practice.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:58 PM   #27
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Do you have MotoGP? Maybe I need to give it more practice.
Had it. Traded it in. Your description of the physics is spot-on. There's no weight or sense of grip to the bikes.

Typical Milestone trash. I have no idea why some bike enthusiasts praise Milestone so much for its work with the MotoGP and Ride series. The physics in both games are just weird, to say the least. Another sin is the ability to stand on the front brake in both series with almost no penalty.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:30 PM   #28
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Had it. Traded it in. Your description of the physics is spot-on. There's no weight or sense of grip to the bikes.

Typical Milestone trash. I have no idea why some bike enthusiasts praise Milestone so much for its work with the MotoGP and Ride series. The physics in both games are just weird, to say the least. Another sin is the ability to stand on the front brake in both series with almost no penalty.
So you like the bike physics in TT better than in Ride 2 or MGP 17? If so, that's good to know, especially coming from you. I was on the fence about getting TT because I heard so many saying they preferred Ride 2's bike physics.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 03-30-2018, 05:47 PM   #29
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
So you like the bike physics in TT better than in Ride 2 or MGP 17? If so, that's good to know, especially coming from you. I was on the fence about getting TT because I heard so many saying they preferred Ride 2's bike physics.
Yes. IOM TT's physics aren't perfect. They're probably just as flawed as MotoGP 17 or Ride 2, but in different ways.

The rear wheel grip physics are wonky, and it's pretty hard to fold the front end in IOM TT. But that's far better than the unrealistic ability to stand on the front brake and the relatively dead sense of grip and weight in MotoGP 17 and Ride 2.

Plus IOM TT has just an insane sense of speed -- the best of any sim-cade racing game I've played. Think Burnout, dude. Seriously. And make sure you race from the helmet or fork cam to get the full sense of mind-melting speed.

Another big edge for IOM TT: The thrill of riding on the Mountain course and all 37.7 miles of its glory. It's an experience that MotoGP 17 and Ride 2 can't come close to matching.

IOM TT has a STEEP learning curve, even with assists on. You will crash a LOT when you first get the game. But you'll eventually wrap your head around the physics and stay on the bike much more often.

Stick with it. Don't bin IOM TT after 30 minutes of frustration. It took me a good three to five hours to figure it out. But once it clicked, the game became majestic. I still crash, and I still need to find a lot more speed. But damn if it isn't the most enjoyable racing game I've played in years, two wheels or four.

Last edited by pk500; 03-30-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:55 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil

TT just has a special feel to it...I literally just do time trials and aim to beating my times. I have even rode the mountain, but at a more relaxed pace and it was still amazing.

I purchased MotoGP 17, because I assumed it would feel like TT, but I was wrong. Though to be fair, after several hours and suspension tweaking, I got the bikes to feel less floaty.

Quote:
Yes. IOM TT's physics aren't perfect. They're probably just as flawed as MotoGP 17 or Ride 2, but in different ways.

The rear wheel grip physics are wonky, and it's pretty hard to fold the front end in IOM TT. But that's far better than the unrealistic ability to stand on the front brake and the relatively dead sense of grip and weight in MotoGP 17 and Ride 2.

Plus IOM TT has just an insane sense of speed -- the best of any sim-cade racing game I've played. Think Burnout, dude. Seriously. And make sure you race from the helmet or fork cam to get the full sense of mind-melting speed.

Another big edge for IOM TT: The thrill of riding on the Mountain course and all 37.7 miles of its glory. It's an experience that MotoGP 17 and Ride 2 can't come close to matching.

IOM TT has a STEEP learning curve, even with assists on. You will crash a LOT when you first get the game. But you'll eventually wrap your head around the physics and stay on the bike much more often.

Stick with it. Don't bin IOM TT after 30 minutes of frustration. It took me a good three to five hours to figure it out. But once it clicked, the game became majestic. I still crash, and I still need to find a lot more speed. But damn if it isn't the most enjoyable racing game I've played in years, two wheels or four.

I agree with @pk500 here...I don’t have much else to add.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:27 PM   #31
MVP

Fellas, I’ve been out of the loop. How does Ride 3 feel compared to TT: IOM? I really like the feel of speed and handling in TT.

Other than side cars; did TT: IOM get anymore updates to tighten up the game...aka “quality of life improvements”?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 09:44 PM   #32
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Fellas, I’ve been out of the loop. How does Ride 3 feel compared to TT: IOM? I really like the feel of speed and handling in TT.

Other than side cars; did TT: IOM get anymore updates to tighten up the game...aka “quality of life improvements”?
Not sure about Ride 3, as I refuse to buy any Milestone game at full price. Milestone is publisher code for "mediocre at best, probably trash."

No major updates to IOM TT of which I'm aware. But I'll still playing and loving IOM TT!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »