Home

MX vs ATV All Out trailer

This is a discussion on MX vs ATV All Out trailer within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2018, 03:53 PM   #1
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
MX vs ATV All Out trailer

I’m not very excited about this one because of milestones sx game but figured I’d post it anyway. Release date March 27th
https://youtu.be/yIQyq0FEWLk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 06:07 AM   #2
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Re: MX vs ATV All Out trailer

I'm curious if anyone has picked this game up. If so lets hear some impressions. Thanks
Old 03-28-2018, 07:40 PM   #3
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

I just got my review copy, but need to finish The Show review before I can delve into it too much - got about 30mins with it so far, and it’s different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-02-2018, 02:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I picked the game up. It's my first MX vs. ATV game, and might be my first Motocross/dirt bike game...since at least the PS2 days, if not PS1...I'm honestly not sure I've played one aside from Excitebike. So, noob and all that.

Also, I'm playing on the PS4 Pro.

Quick Pros and Cons, with some explanation below:
Pros:
It's fun, arcade-y gameplay
Track variety between indoor/outdoor races
AI difficulty challenging, but not too much
Plenty of content in the single player mode
Customization of rider and bike

Cons:
Some performance issues
Staid presentation in career mode can make things seem same-y
No real vehicles
Haven't found much competition online in limited attempts

With those two things out of the way: I've not been seeing the same performance issues that some who are playing on the base PS4 or X1 are. There has been a little bit of frame stutter, and maybe some screen tearing and pop-in. But it largely runs fine for me.

And, honestly, the game is fun. I like having both Supercross and Motocross/Nationals tracks available, and really find racing on the bikes to be pretty satisfying. I'm not a fan of the UTVs. I don't think they handle particularly well, and once I figured out the trick for how to handle them, I ran the table.

I also haven't really touched the ATVs yet, though my next "career" series is the ATV 450 series.

The "career" mode is fine. I prefer career modes like what is available in F1, or NASCAR Heat, or the Milestone Supercross game (that I've not played yet). The career mode in All Out is very streamline and lacks some personality. It is merely a series of races in a given class, starting with the lower powered vehicles and expanding to the more powerful vehicles, and eventually tossing every type in the same race as each other. Additionally, while there is qualifying available, it really doesn't matter. The qualifying "session" is simply a race that is the same distance as the main race. Your finishing position in it determines your starting position in the main race. After I figured that out, I started just playing a slightly longer main race and skipping qualifying.

I've tried racing online a couple times. The first time, I raced against one person, and we had a really fun race. The next time, I couldn't find anyone to connect with. I'm hoping that's an anomaly.

There's some decent customization, as you upgrade and tune your bikes, change paint schemes and colors of your rider's clothes and bikes. You can even customize "computer" opponents, which is cool. However, the vehicles are not real (Honda, Kawasaki, etc.). You just choose between a THQ or a Rainbow variant of each class of vehicle, which you can tune from there. This is a tad disappointing.

I haven't been able to play since Thursday as I was away from my PS4 during Easter weekend.
Apex Legends (PS4
Breath of the Wild (Switch)
Out of the Park Baseball 20
Old 04-06-2018, 06:23 AM   #5
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Thanks for the info, I'll probably pick this up when it goes on sale.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2018, 01:31 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Thanks for the info, I'll probably pick this up when it goes on sale.
That's probably a good move, honestly. Have to imagine you'll be able to grab it for under $30 before too long.
Apex Legends (PS4
Breath of the Wild (Switch)
Out of the Park Baseball 20
Old 10-07-2018, 05:18 AM   #7
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Well , this game was on sale for $20.00 on PSN so I picked it up. My opinion it's trash. I found nothing about this game enjoyable. I ran races on all the national tracks and a handful of supercross tracks. Nothing about this game comes close to representing the sport of MX or SX. The feel of the bikes is nothing like real life, the tracks are bland and poorly constructed , and of course the A.I. is as bad as ever , it's as if they do not know there are other bikes on the tracks with them. It's a ram n' slam fest. Back in the day THQ/Rainbow made some pretty nice MX games but since MX Reflex they have lost their way and they have no clue what a decent game is anymore.

I don't know why I keep giving these clowns my money , I should have learned after they ripped us off with the MX Alive debacle. I want my $20.00 back and I'll never buy another MX vs game again.

Last edited by JMD; 10-07-2018 at 05:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »