Home

Monster Energy Supercross 2 Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on Monster Energy Supercross 2 Review (PS4) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2019, 07:44 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Monster Energy Supercross 2 Review (PS4)

Another new patch this week....

Here's the change log I copied from the milestone website.

Add Online category choice
Add tear off behavior
Improved vehicles replication in online matches
Minor online fixes
Minor graphics fixes
Minor UI fixes
Old 03-31-2019, 09:23 AM   #34
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

They definitely made the A.I. better this year. I'm only on hard and I'm fighting with them. All the previous games I win easily on the hardest level. This is a good thing. The more I play the more I like this game. It has a nice realistic feel to it and the track are a nice mix of difficulty from easy to hard. Would love a 2019 season track pack. I've been trying out some of the user created 2019 tracks , found a few decent ones so far, it's time consuming. I'll post then names of them when I decide on the best ones.

Last edited by JMD; 03-31-2019 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:03 PM   #35
MVP

That sounds great I will check them out.

I agree with everything you posted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2019, 08:40 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

So is this worth picking up? I got the first one and kind of enjoyed it but I struggled with getting the feeling of the bikes, from what I am reading from you guys it isn't to bad, starting to get the itch for some fun and wondering if I should pull the trigger on this
Old 04-06-2019, 07:15 AM   #37
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandGropeR
So is this worth picking up? I got the first one and kind of enjoyed it but I struggled with getting the feeling of the bikes, from what I am reading from you guys it isn't to bad, starting to get the itch for some fun and wondering if I should pull the trigger on this
I'm 59 and I've been a fan of Motocross and Supercross since I was a kid so I'm a bit biased. I own every MX and SX game Milestone has put out and they have improved the games with each new installment.

Supercross 2 is a very good game in my opinion. You will get out of it what you put into it. If you like running short races I wouldn't recommend this game , if you get back in the pack in a short race you just won't have time to get back up front. Also short races just don't allow the games realism to show through. In the longer races the tracks will rut up (not as much as I'd like but a bit) and you will make mistakes. Anyone can run 5 to 7 laps cleanly but run 12 to 18 or so and you're going to miss the mark every now and then which adds to the realism of the game. I recommend running at least the medium race length , that's a 10 minute main event + 1 lap. Still goes by pretty quick but it gives you time to fight back if you crash. I like running the realistic length 15 minutes +1 lap for 250's and 20 minutes + 1 lap for 450's. Also do the qualifying it gives you plenty of time to get a feel for the track.

A few things to keep in mind. I consider myself a veteran player of these types of games and for the first week or so I was a bit frustrated with the game. This is the first SX game I've played in which you actually have to slow down at times to be fast , in other words you can't just blast around the track at full speed. Corner speed matters and there are some jumps you will need to let off a bit or you're going to over jump and get way out of shape if not completely off the track.

Also at first your bike is not going to feel real great until you earn enough credits to upgrade it , then the handling gets much better and you will be more competitive.

Learn the tracks - this is crucial as it is in most racing games. The better you know the track the better you will do.

I ran my 250 east and west seasons on medium difficulty just to learn the tracks and get some credits saved up. 450's I bumped it up to hard but now its time to take it up to realistic.

If you're a fan of the sport I think you will enjoy the game. My only real complaints are the tracks do not rut up enough and the off track timer needs to be toned down. They some times just don't give you time to get back on track before they just re spawn you , and I wish we had the current 2019 season instead of last years, but that seems to be the norm with these games. It's just weird seeing the riders on the manufacturers bikes that they are not currently riding in real life.

Last edited by JMD; 04-06-2019 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:39 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thank you JMD, that is what I was looking for. When I am back in country in around 40 days I will pick it up and run some races and see how I go.

That was a realy good explanation and you didn't waste your time in doing it. Cheers
Old 04-11-2019, 06:03 PM   #39
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Monster Energy Cup DLC is out.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:32 PM   #40
MVP

Nice I will check it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »