Home

Forza Motorsport 7 Update Features IndyCars, New Features to Forza Race Regulation & More - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport 7 Update Features IndyCars, New Features to Forza Race Regulation & More - Patch Notes Here within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2019, 08:39 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Forza Motorsport 7 Update Features IndyCars, New Features to Forza Race Regulation & More - Patch Notes Here

A new Forza Motorsport 7 game update has arrived, featuring a collection of IndyCars, Indy-themed events,...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2019, 12:21 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Update Features IndyCars, New Features to Forza Race Regulatio

Implement VR and I might actually buy a Forza again for the first time since 3 or 4.

― Plato
Old 05-09-2019, 05:38 AM   #3
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Update Features IndyCars, New Features to Forza Race Regulatio

If these guys would just add a slight bit more grip to the cars this game would be perfect. Still , I like the game but I find myself playing GT Sport more often than Forza 7.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:37 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
If these guys would just add a slight bit more grip to the cars this game would be perfect. Still , I like the game but I find myself playing GT Sport more often than Forza 7.
In other words, you prefer an easier more arcade-y experience than a more realistic one.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormVoltron
In other words, you prefer an easier more arcade-y experience than a more realistic one.
How so and I own both? The Forza cars drive like hovercraft cars. The GT Sport cars drive like you expect them to, push them too hard into the corners and the car fights back. Cars in GT Sport feel like they are actually attached to the pavement whereas the Forza cars ever since Forza 5 feels like they are gliding.

That doesn't discount all the content that the Forza series is known for. I do enjoy Forza but for a feeling like i'm driving a real car, I choose GT Sport and don't forget the head of Polyphony Digital is a real racer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2019, 05:49 AM   #6
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Fan
How so and I own both? The Forza cars drive like hovercraft cars. The GT Sport cars drive like you expect them to, push them too hard into the corners and the car fights back. Cars in GT Sport feel like they are actually attached to the pavement whereas the Forza cars ever since Forza 5 feels like they are gliding.

That doesn't discount all the content that the Forza series is known for. I do enjoy Forza but for a feeling like i'm driving a real car, I choose GT Sport and don't forget the head of Polyphony Digital is a real racer.
Exactly. Forza has the sensation that you're driving on ice. Cars that are build to race should have some semblance of grip to the pavement. In GT sport when you are pushing the car to hard you can feel it and adjust, in Forza 7 there is no warning you just hit that imaginary patch of ice and go sliding off into the grass or wall. Forza 7 is better then 5 and 6 were, but it's still lacking realism as far as how a real car should grip the pavement.

Last edited by JMD; 05-11-2019 at 05:53 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Exactly. Forza has the sensation that you're driving on ice. Cars that are build to race should have some semblance of grip to the pavement. In GT sport when you are pushing the car to hard you can feel it and adjust, in Forza 7 there is no warning you just hit that imaginary patch of ice and go sliding off into the grass or wall. Forza 7 is better then 5 and 6 were, but it's still lacking realism as far as how a real car should grip the pavement.
The cars in Forza behave and handle like you would expect in a video game. The cars in Gran Turismo behave like you would expect them to in real life such as proper front to back and lateral weight transfers which equates to the Gran Turismo cars wanting to fight back as they are being pushed harder and harder.

The Forza cars never give me that feeling, such as the cars in Forza will let you drive them as hard and as fast as you can into the corner until they can't with no warning whatsoever with the exception of the controller rumbling which is not a proper representation. You get no proper feedback from the front of the car in Forza as to what it can't do before it's too late. Now, I have never played a Forza game with a wheel so maybe you get that proper feeling with a wheel vs a controller but Gran Turismo nails that feeling of what the car can and can't do before you realize it's too late by visual cues from the cockpit where the nose starts to fight you if you are going too fast into a corner and trying to make that turn. And I have played Gran Turismo with a wheel and controller and they both give the virtual race car gamer the proper feedback.

I have yet to find any Rally game that gives the sensation of driving on loose gravel or dirt that Gran Turismo is known for. Gran Turismo 3 on the Playstation 2 first had the feeling of driving a Rally car where it just gave you the proper feeling of grip and how the shocks were trying to push the wheels back down onto the loose gravel or dirt and it's only gotten better with each new release.

No other Rally game has been able to pull that off not even Dirt Rally and Dirt Rally 2.0 and i'll say it again, the Lead Guy for the Gran Turismo series is a real race car driver. And none of what I said about Forza should be taken as a knock because Forza in it's own way can be enjoyable and it has become what Gran Turismo was once known for, massive content but the two games have their take on what a real car drives and feels like and that's what Gran Turismo has excelled at since the first game was released on the original Playstation. The only knock I can still levy against Gran Turismo is the sensation of speed. It has gotten better over the years but the game still doesn't represent the sensation of speed as other games do.

Last edited by Heat_Fan; 05-11-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:49 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Fan

If you want a truly realistic racing game, you won't go with either Forza or GT. However, between the two, Forza easily has the better physics. Literally not a single car drives like a hovercraft. I'm not sure where you got that from. Any review from any credible source will tell you that Forza has the better physics and tire model between the two games.

I prefer games like Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 2 over both, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »