Home

Dirt Rally 2.0 Review (Xbox One X)

This is a discussion on Dirt Rally 2.0 Review (Xbox One X) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2019, 07:31 PM   #9
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Dirt Rally 2.0 Review (Xbox One X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richzilla
I'm sure I will cave this weekend....You know me too well
I’m tempted to only really play Rally games for about a month and then I move on. I’ll likely pick it up when it goes on sale. Just picked up Monster Energy Supercross 2 and I’m really digging it. (RACE ITCH SCRATCHED.)
Old 03-01-2019, 12:23 PM   #10
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
I’m tempted to only really play Rally games for about a month and then I move on. I’ll likely pick it up when it goes on sale. Just picked up Monster Energy Supercross 2 and I’m really digging it. (RACE ITCH SCRATCHED.)
DIRT Rally 2.0 is far more difficult than Monster Energy Supercross 2. So if you're cool with Supercross 2, then wait until DIRT Rally 2.0 goes on sale, especially since a season mode doesn't exist in DIRT Rally 2.0. There is a Career, but no season.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:12 AM   #11
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

The first dirt rally game I had success doing the circuit races but when it came to the point to point races I absolutely could not keep the car on the road. It was the most frustrating racing game I've played. I kept trying and trying but to complete a course without crashing I had to drive like and old lady. Hence I have not even considered Dirt Rally 2. I think I will also wait for it to go on sale.

Not sure what my problem is. I have no problem with the WRC games but Dirt Rally I just found to be really difficult. Now if there was a handling mode like Dirt 4 I'd be ok with it. lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2019, 02:09 PM   #12
All Star

The more I played this game over the weekend, the more I realized it might be the most sublime driving experience I've enjoyed on a console.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:11 PM   #13
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Not sure what my problem is. I have no problem with the WRC games but Dirt Rally I just found to be really difficult. Now if there was a handling mode like Dirt 4 I'd be ok with it. lol.
The DIRT Rally series has a far tougher and more realistic driving model than the WRC series.

But DIRT Rally 2.0 is more approachable than the first game. It's not as easy as DIRT 4 even when that game used Sim handling. But I find the cars in DIRT Rally 2.0 have more weight and grip than the sometimes "on ice everywhere" physics of DIRT Rally.

In no way am I saying DIRT Rally 2.0 is as easy to drive as WRC 7. No, sir. But you might find it more fun for your driving style than the original DIRT Rally game.

Your mileage may vary! Good luck.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:06 PM   #14
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
The DIRT Rally series has a far tougher and more realistic driving model than the WRC series.

But DIRT Rally 2.0 is more approachable than the first game. It's not as easy as DIRT 4 even when that game used Sim handling. But I find the cars in DIRT Rally 2.0 have more weight and grip than the sometimes "on ice everywhere" physics of DIRT Rally.

In no way am I saying DIRT Rally 2.0 is as easy to drive as WRC 7. No, sir. But you might find it more fun for your driving style than the original DIRT Rally game.

Your mileage may vary! Good luck.
This game seems enjoyable but I cannot be competitive at all. Each rally I do I am like two minutes off the pace. Even set the difficulty to 10. May try zero tomorrow. I have tried everything from 50 to 10 and still the same result.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Old 03-05-2019, 11:59 AM   #15
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulka
This game seems enjoyable but I cannot be competitive at all. Each rally I do I am like two minutes off the pace. Even set the difficulty to 10. May try zero tomorrow. I have tried everything from 50 to 10 and still the same result.
Is your problem too many off-course excursions? Then you MUST resist the urge to go 10/10ths all the time like arcade racing games or even simcade circuit-racing games. One of the recipes of success in rally is to stay clean and stay on the stage, establishing a rhythm.

Is your problem lack of speed? Then switch to manual tranny and use a quick downshift to control speed instead of the brakes. That will carry more momentum and shave time.

Good luck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2019, 09:02 PM   #16
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Is your problem too many off-course excursions? Then you MUST resist the urge to go 10/10ths all the time like arcade racing games or even simcade circuit-racing games. One of the recipes of success in rally is to stay clean and stay on the stage, establishing a rhythm.

Is your problem lack of speed? Then switch to manual tranny and use a quick downshift to control speed instead of the brakes. That will carry more momentum and shave time.

Good luck!
Thanks for the advice. I did get a chance to give it another go yet, but I will try staying on the course. That has been one of my problems. I have never been good a manual tranny on games. My age and reflexes not what they use to be lol. I will see. Thanks PK
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »