Home

F1 2019 Announced, Scheduled to Launch on June 28 - Teaser Trailer & Screenshots

This is a discussion on F1 2019 Announced, Scheduled to Launch on June 28 - Teaser Trailer & Screenshots within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2019, 12:14 AM   #9
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: F1 2019 Announced, Scheduled to Launch on June 28 - Teaser Trailer & Screenshots

Outstanding stuff so far, thank you Bullit!! Very excited about the possibility of working up F2 to F1 in career, and very curious about F1's contributions to the game.

My dream feature is a broadcast replay mode of career races with dynamic commentary and graphics overlays, a real presentation game-changer, but I know that is asking a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Operation Sports mobile app

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 03-31-2019, 12:14 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: F1 2019 Announced, Scheduled to Launch on June 28 - Teaser Trailer & Screenshots

I am already hyped for this game. I love how they seem dedicated to career mode.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:22 PM   #11
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Looking forward to this game. F1 2018 was a masterpiece!
Agreed, 2018 is just amazing. Codies is really serving it up for F1 fans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
I am already hyped for this game. I love how they seem dedicated to career mode.
Me too...happily we don't have to wait too long this year. Can't wait to try out the new cars, and the Haas livery is gorgeous this year for my career

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2019, 04:55 PM   #12
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: F1 2019 Will be a June 28 2019 Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Ok I will go into a little bit of what I know and some stuff that I just can't yet.

First THIS game has actually been in development for two years on its own. 17 and 18 were testing grounds for things that would be added in a more featured way in this years game.

I dont know if any of you will pick it up as most in the US don't follow F1 like I do. But that very last car in the trailer is an F2 car. Yes they will be in career mode and its my understanding that you will have to work your way up to F1 in a new career mode.

There are adding in a blank template of a fully legal F1 2019 car that you will be able to customize yourself. All I really know about this is it is more aimed at the E sports arena so that teams and drivers will be able to have custom cars. I do not know if it will be carried over into offline or career where you can have custom teams.

The last tidbit that I know for sure and that can be talked about right now. F1 is actually in the development process on this game for the first time. Not just a licensed brand but are now using their resources and tools to help design the game as well as some of the engineers involved in car design and physics. This will be the first time that the actual organization of F1 has had a hand in developing the game beyond just being a brand sponsor.

This is all I have and can say right now. As soon as I have more I will be here posting and keeping this thread updated.
Can you say rather or not there is a "Driver carousel?" It would add a ton of immersion to the game if drivers switched teams, got called up from F2 (other than you), and retired. Also driver stat tracking is also needed, that keeps track of wins, podiums ect, for each driver. An owner mode where you can create an 11th team, design liveries, and sign on drivers to fill the seats would also be ideal as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 03-31-2019, 08:54 PM   #13
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Can you say rather or not there is a "Driver carousel?" It would add a ton of immersion to the game if drivers switched teams, got called up from F2 (other than you), and retired. Also driver stat tracking is also needed, that keeps track of wins, podiums ect, for each driver. An owner mode where you can create an 11th team, design liveries, and sign on drivers to fill the seats would also be ideal as well.

I dont know if this made it to the game this year. But there is a great MOD if you are on PC that does this. Where drivers switch teams at the start of a new season in career mode.

Im not sure the F1 would allow this without a MOD. They are very protective of their brand. Which is one reason why crashes are not as violent as they can get in real life.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:42 PM   #14
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I dont know if this made it to the game this year. But there is a great MOD if you are on PC that does this. Where drivers switch teams at the start of a new season in career mode.

Im not sure the F1 would allow this without a MOD. They are very protective of their brand. Which is one reason why crashes are not as violent as they can get in real life.
How would a driver carousel hurt the F1 brand? That's like the NFL not allowing Madden to allow for trades and FA signings.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 04-02-2019, 07:05 AM   #15
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
How would a driver carousel hurt the F1 brand? That's like the NFL not allowing Madden to allow for trades and FA signings.

I am not part of F1 so I cant answer that. But they have not allowed it in any other game to this point, so why would you expect that to change any time soon. Comparing trades in Madden to Drivers switching teams in F1 is a bit of stretch. LOL

But I was also referring more to your second comment about an Owner mode with custom liveries and created teams. I believe the only reason they are starting to allow it is because of the E Sports communities. It is becoming a serious form of income to the sports video game industry.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 04-02-2019 at 07:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2019, 12:39 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:

It's not about the F1 brand but more about the sponsors. In F1,drivers are very closely tied to the sponsors of their teams. So for instance, Red Bull would not want the game to depict Max Verstappen driving for Ferrari and things of that nature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »