Home

F1 2019 Announced, Scheduled to Launch on June 28 - Teaser Trailer & Screenshots

This is a discussion on F1 2019 Announced, Scheduled to Launch on June 28 - Teaser Trailer & Screenshots within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2019, 12:58 PM   #17
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: F1 2019 Will be a June 28 2019 Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
It's not about the F1 brand but more about the sponsors. In F1,drivers are very closely tied to the sponsors of their teams. So for instance, Red Bull would not want the game to depict Max Verstappen driving for Ferrari and things of that nature.
Then just have them retire and kids from F2 brought up to replace them, then those F2 drivers once in F1 can change teams...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 04-02-2019, 07:00 PM   #18
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Then just have them retire and kids from F2 brought up to replace them, then those F2 drivers once in F1 can change teams...

It still creates the same problem with "drivers" associated with teams/sponsors they don't belong to, or are endorsed to.

I don't see it ever happening as long as the series is around. F1 is pretty sensitive to that stuff I believe. It'd be nice though.

What I really want though, is the ability to add an extra team with my own paintjob/sponsor. I get the impression though the folks at F1 wouldn't be on board with that either. To me though, what's the difference if I replace a real driver with myself, or if I add an extra team with one car, or even two.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:35 PM   #19
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
It still creates the same problem with "drivers" associated with teams/sponsors they don't belong to, or are endorsed to.

I don't see it ever happening as long as the series is around. F1 is pretty sensitive to that stuff I believe. It'd be nice though.

What I really want though, is the ability to add an extra team with my own paintjob/sponsor. I get the impression though the folks at F1 wouldn't be on board with that either. To me though, what's the difference if I replace a real driver with myself, or if I add an extra team with one car, or even two.
I'm not sure what the problem would be there either, in terms of displacing a driver especially as you are doing that anyway in Career mode already.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 04-03-2019, 06:30 AM   #20
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:

Makes no sense because some if not all the F1 sponsors also sponsor some NASCAR teams. And iirc the EA NASCAR games had driver retirements and a carousel so I honestly dont think that's the issue. Especially since you're already doing that when you displace a driver in career mode with your self.

-M. Shadows
Old 04-03-2019, 07:28 AM   #21
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Makes no sense because some if not all the F1 sponsors also sponsor some NASCAR teams. And iirc the EA NASCAR games had driver retirements and a carousel so I honestly dont think that's the issue. Especially since you're already doing that when you displace a driver in career mode with your self.

I dont believe any Nascar game has had a driver carousel as you call it. I dont ever remember seeing it. I suspect for the same reasons. It's likely due to licensing and brand protection types of things.

For me, I'm not so concerned about drivers retiring and being replaced, because we'd likely end up with generic names or something anyways. Although with F2 possibly being added that may not be the case. As I said earlier my preference is the ability to create and add my own team. Preferably without having to replace an existing team. I suspect though if they did allow that we'd likely be replacing an existing team to keep the 20 car field intact.

I do agree though, with the number of drivers that shift around it should be something they consider though when you can run a 10 year career. I think they should be open to that since it's only within career mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2019, 09:49 AM   #22
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
I dont believe any Nascar game has had a driver carousel as you call it. I dont ever remember seeing it. I suspect for the same reasons. It's likely due to licensing and brand protection types of things.

For me, I'm not so concerned about drivers retiring and being replaced, because we'd likely end up with generic names or something anyways. Although with F2 possibly being added that may not be the case. As I said earlier my preference is the ability to create and add my own team. Preferably without having to replace an existing team. I suspect though if they did allow that we'd likely be replacing an existing team to keep the 20 car field intact.

I do agree though, with the number of drivers that shift around it should be something they consider though when you can run a 10 year career. I think they should be open to that since it's only within career mode.
F1 just a couple years ago had 11 teams (22 drivers) and I believe they've had as many as 14 teams. So having more than 20 cars should not be an issue here. Their yearly team count can fluctuate.

-M. Shadows
Old 04-03-2019, 12:24 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
F1 just a couple years ago had 11 teams (22 drivers) and I believe they've had as many as 14 teams. So having more than 20 cars should not be an issue here. Their yearly team count can fluctuate.
They've had way more than that. Back when I started following in the late 80s there were over 30 cars showing up for any given event. By rule, there was a max of 26 cars allowed to start the race and a max of 30 that could take part in practice and qualifying so there used to be a 30 minute pre-qualifying session on Friday morning at 7:30 am that included all the cars that did not qualify for the previous event. The top four from that session got to participate in the rest of the weekend. The rest were excluded.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:19 PM   #24
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: F1 2019 Announced, Scheduled to Launch on June 28 - Teaser Trailer & Screenshots

That's all interesting information, as I was beginning to wonder in my relatively recent F1 fandom if there was a limit to the number of teams/cars. Sounds like there is room for more on the grid, but it's SOOOOOOOOO expensive to get in and maintain a team.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »