Home

NASCAR Heat 4 Launch Trailer

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat 4 Launch Trailer within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2019, 06:39 PM   #9
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NASCAR Heat 4 Launch Trailer

I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't care one bit about this 4K/HDR/60 fps stuff as I think it looks just fine already. Maybe part of it is the fact that I'm visually impaired and can't as readily appreciate the difference and maybe part of it is being an older gamer who played racing games on Atari and NES and just being able to appreciate how far graphics have come over the past 30+ years. I've always placed gameplay ahead of graphics as far as priorities.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30

Last edited by BurghFan; 09-05-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:56 PM   #10
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't care one bit about this 4K/HDR/60 fps stuff as I think it looks just fine already. Maybe part of it is the fact that I'm visually impaired and can't as readily appreciate the difference and maybe part of it is being an older gamer who played racing games on Atari and NES and just being able to appreciate how far graphics have come over the past 30+ years. I've always placed gameplay ahead of graphics as far as priorities.

I dont care so much about the visuals, it's important to me, yes, but the 4k for me, irrelevant. No 4k set. HDR... same thing. 60fps though, is extremely important to me for a racing game. Its got to be buttery smooth IMO. All that being said, the visuals in this series to me are so far behind the times that this "upgrade" they're talking about better be worth it.

So far for me, I'm not buying into the hype of these upgrades. With release only a few days away, they haven't really shown off much of anything for me to justify throwing more cash at them when I've been largely disappointed the first 3 times around. It's one thing to put out a fancy trailer, and a few videos of people who can't and don't really play racing games playing the game with arcade settings, and it's another to release a few articles listing the new gameplay features... but, until I see it, or hear from someone who has it. I'm out.

I can leave the the average graphics they've given the last 3, the framerate has always suffered, so that needs to improve for me to want to buy it, but I'm with you... if the gameplay and playability options arent there, I'll wait for a sale, or look for a used copy somewhere. They've got enough of my money at this point for a racing game that's so far behind so many others. I'm still contemplating a pre-order through the Xbox store just to check it out, and if I'm not satisfied with all these "upgrades" they've briefly mentioned, I'll just uninstall and ask MS for a refund before I've passed whatever that time limit of theirs is for returns/refunds. Pretty sad that's what I have to do, but the lack of information coming from these guys tells me alot.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:58 PM   #11
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I can leave the the average graphics they've given the last 3, the framerate has always suffered, so that needs to improve for me to want to buy it, but I'm with you... if the gameplay and playability options arent there, I'll wait for a sale, or look for a used copy somewhere.
I could accept the lack of 4K and HDR support, even though I have a 4K, Ultra HD HDTV that supports them, and I have good vision to appreciate them to the max, the lack of 60 FPS support for the XBox One X and PS4 Pro, is IMO, inexcusable. A racing game on next-gen hardware in 2019, HAS to at least support 60 FPS to meet the minimum standard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #12
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

I can definitely live without 4K and HDR, even though I purchased a TV set for that very reason and virtually every other sports game supports it nowadays.

60fps is a different story. It's not a lofty target, it's the benchmark for quality racing/sports gaming. If NH doesn't hit the mark on its fourth iteration, I'll be waiting for a sale. Hopefully someone with a PS4 Pro can confirm post-release.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:51 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
60fps is a different story. It's not a lofty target, it's the benchmark for quality racing/sports gaming. If NH doesn't hit the mark on its fourth iteration, I'll be waiting for a sale. Hopefully someone with a PS4 Pro can confirm post-release.
It can be when they designed the game around "Unity" which is a mobile platform engine. The more they push Unity, the more inconsistent performance people will see. Compare Unity to Codemaster's EGO Engine........."NO CONTEST". And the EGO Engine first appeared way back with the first DiRT game. It's still going strong, still performs well and looks 50x better than any Nascar Heat game.

Nascar Heat is a $19.99 game and no more. Given the fact that the developer is a cheapskate and looking to MILK it's customers with BS paint job just tells you all you need to know. Want a different Spotter voice? Well, you'll need to pay up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »