Home

Thrust master T80 and Heat 4

This is a discussion on Thrust master T80 and Heat 4 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2019, 08:48 PM   #1
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

OVR: 3
Thrust master T80 and Heat 4

So I can’t get a t80 wheel to work with heat 4 on a PS4? Is it too old? Am I hooking it up wrong?

Any help for a newb would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2019, 08:52 PM   #2
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Thrust master T80 and Heat 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy
So I can’t get a t80 wheel to work with heat 4 on a PS4? Is it too old? Am I hooking it up wrong?

Any help for a newb would be appreciated
Here's what is showing in the support section of 704 Games website for NASCAR HEAT 4:

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One - NASCAR Heat 4 supports all Fanatec, Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels that are supported with their current consoles. If the wheel is an active product for Fanatec, Logitech and Thrustmaster and for sale on their websites, NASCAR Heat 4 supports it on the XBOX and PS4.

Thrustmaster's website shows the following supported wheels for the PS4: http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products The T80 is not listed among them.

I have a Thrustmaster TX Leather for my XBox One X and it works very well with NASCAR HEAT 4. Does your PS4 recognize that a wheel is connected to it at all?
Old 09-23-2019, 02:36 PM   #3
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Here's what is showing in the support section of 704 Games website for NASCAR HEAT 4:

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One - NASCAR Heat 4 supports all Fanatec, Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels that are supported with their current consoles. If the wheel is an active product for Fanatec, Logitech and Thrustmaster and for sale on their websites, NASCAR Heat 4 supports it on the XBOX and PS4.

Thrustmaster's website shows the following supported wheels for the PS4: http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products The T80 is not listed among them.

I have a Thrustmaster TX Leather for my XBox One X and it works very well with NASCAR HEAT 4. Does your PS4 recognize that a wheel is connected to it at all?

Managed to get it to recognize it a bit.... but have no speed at all on track, and can't really dial in the right wheel sensitivity or how to properly adjust that.. I mean I only spent $45 on ebay for the thing, thinking I might need to get a stand for it to hard mount it and might steer better
Old 09-25-2019, 12:51 PM   #4
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Managed to get it to recognize it a bit.... but have no speed at all on track, and can't really dial in the right wheel sensitivity or how to properly adjust that.. I mean I only spent $45 on ebay for the thing, thinking I might need to get a stand for it to hard mount it and might steer better
I don't know how similar the TX and the T80 might be, but here are my settings I'm using and I'm quite pleased with them:

I've got the wheel range set at about 60%, wheel sensitivity at about 60%, brake sensitivity up to 75%, feedback strength at 30%, centering spring off, and everything else at default. I did turn on "Track Effects" in the force feedback. The wheel force is surprisingly strong at 30% strength. 40% proved to be too much as my wheel overheated after about an hour and 10 minutes of play and shut down. I don't have that problem at 30%, but I think ~ 35% would be the sweet spot for me, if they offered settings of less than 10% increments.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:38 PM   #5
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

How in the world did you manage that? I'm dealing with the same problem and getting extremely frustrated.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »