Home

Need For Speed Heat Trial Available For EA Access & Origin Access Subscribers (Xbox One, PS4, PC)

This is a discussion on Need For Speed Heat Trial Available For EA Access & Origin Access Subscribers (Xbox One, PS4, PC) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2019, 11:49 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Need For Speed Heat Trial Available For EA Access & Origin Access Subscribers (Xbox One, PS4, PC)

The Need For Speed Heat trial is available for EA Access (Xbox One, PlayStation 4 –...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2019, 08:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Need For Speed Heat Trial Available For EA Access & Origin Access Subscribers (Xb

Just played the first race with the EA Access Trial and all I can say is I am extremely disappointed with how the driving feels. There is no vibration feed back when driving. The old Need For Speed Underground games had vibration feed back where you could feel the road. That is non-existent in Need For Speed Heat.

I won't be getting the game unless this is something they can patch in.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:14 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Need For Speed Heat Trial Available For EA Access & Origin Access Subscribers (Xb

I haven't played Need For Speed in years. Maybe due to the horrible reviews, especially the most recent NFS game. After having played this on Origin Access , I'm actually enjoying it. It probably helps that my expectations were not high. I understand that this is not Forza, nor is it Horizons.

Early Impressions

Pros:
+Gorgeous game on a powerful PC. I imagine it will look great on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.
+Sound is spot on as well. Engines sound mean.
+Customization options for cars are fantastic.

Cons:
-It hasn't been difficult to evade police (though this could scale up in the game as I progress).
-If you're hoping for a game where handling doesn't feel like your car is on a rail, prepare to be disappointed. I think it works, but that's just my tolerance for an "arcady" racer. Racing purists may not like it.
-It's still EA. I suppose this was going to be a con no matter what game they put out. Expect micro-transactions, the SJW agenda to rear its head, and a game attempting to appeal to the masses rather than the hardcore.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:35 PM   #4
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Tried it last night on my XBox One X... I was very disappointed in it overall. It looks great graphically and has some pretty good audio, but that's where it ended for me. First of all, I was shocked to see that it doesn't support a steering wheel, so my Thrustmaster TX sat idle while I relegated myself to a controller (which I suck with in ANY racing game of any type). It didn't matter that I was using a controller in this one though, as the game feels more like I'm guiding a camera on rails rather than steering a car.... (sigh).

After 10 minutes I'd had enough. It wouldn't matter if wheel support was there or not for this one, if it's going to be on rails, it would be of no consequence. I wasn't expected much with this one as it's been over a decade since a NFS came out that I found appealing, but this one didn't even live up to my already diminished expectations.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
It's a shame wheels don't work with the consoles because the emulator programs out there on PCs let you use wheels, and it works quite well with this game.**
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2019, 03:38 PM   #6
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

The more I read, the happier I am that this game didn't even register as a blip on the radar for me.

A shame. The first time I played Need for Speed back on the 3DO, it was awesome. Sucks it's come to this place. The fact that I'm sure it's "free" on Origin Access Premier and it's STILL not worth a download is sad.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:37 PM   #7
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

I will play the trial then wait until it's in the vault on EA Access/Origin Basic.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:35 PM   #8
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
The more I read, the happier I am that this game didn't even register as a blip on the radar for me.

A shame. The first time I played Need for Speed back on the 3DO, it was awesome. Sucks it's come to this place. The fact that I'm sure it's "free" on Origin Access Premier and it's STILL not worth a download is sad.
NFS on the 3DO was my favorite of the lot as well. I've already deleted Heat from my hard drive. The only way I would possibly ever try it again would be if they ever add steering wheel support, which would include my Thrustmaster TX. Then again, if the handling is as on-rails at that point, I don't think it would help matters much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »