Home

Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing Launches on February 14 For Xbox One and Playstation 4 - Features, Trailer & Screenshots

This is a discussion on Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing Launches on February 14 For Xbox One and Playstation 4 - Features, Trailer & Screenshots within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2020, 10:29 AM   #9
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing Launches on February 14 For Xbox One and Playsta

DTRSC is probably my most played racing game of all time. The funniest part to me is that I made a little bit of an "internet following" at the time with my online race team, 4 Abreast Racing (I went by 4AR_VaMp at the time...don't ask lol). We'd just show up to the rooms like the Outlaws and kick *** everywhere we went.

Then I got into doing a bunch of skins for the cars. Did hundreds of recreations of real cars and fake ones.

In 2001, I moved to Indianapolis to do some work for a startup Indy Lites team, and I got to meet a lot of the guys in the industry.

Funniest part to me was when I was in one of the shops talking to the guys (this was when World of Outlaws Sprint Cars 2002 had just come out), when they found out my online name, they all did this whole "hey!!! This is that Vamp guy! Come here, boys!". And it was this bizarre starstruck-in-both directions moment.

Did a bunch of custom skins for the guys, ended up in pit lane for a couple of Indy 500s.

No idea why I'm putting that rambling story here, but yeah--DTRSC was one of my favorite memories of racing games in my entire life.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:27 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing Launches on February 14 For Xbox One and Playsta

Those were the good old days.

DTR and the following ratbag games had a great online community.

I got in with a good group of guys online and we played the heck out of all the ratbag games.

Hard to believe that's been about 20 years ago.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:47 PM   #11
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

DTRSC is by far the best in my opinion. The career mode was amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2020, 08:39 AM   #12
Rookie

mhanson93's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon10 Re: Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing Launches on February 14 For Xbox One and Playsta

I echo the comments regarding the original DTRSC from Ratbag. That game just played like it was a labor of love by the developers. I recall replaying the wrecks over and laughing at the carnage. :-) I still have the game somewhere, but have never taken the time to emulate Wins 98 to try to play it again. I'm interested in this new one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Knoxville is in it. Even if it isn't, the local split screen is a big plus for me, so I can dominate my kids at it.
Tennis: Andy Roddick
NBA: Yawn
Old 02-07-2020, 12:06 PM   #13
Rookie

mhanson93's Arena

OVR: 3

Based on this post from their Facebook page, there are no real tracks in the game:
"The game will include 24 custom built dirt tracks at launch. They are all brand new for this game, and are specifically designed to provide the best sprint car racing experiences."
That's a bit of a bummer...oh well, we'll see how the tracks shape up guess...
Tennis: Andy Roddick
NBA: Yawn
Old 02-07-2020, 01:22 PM   #14
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Jeff Favignano just put up a gameplay video. Worth a look (watching it now, so no opinions yet here).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9mMG_XLo44

Makes sense if they have no licensed tracks for a budget-priced game. Hopefully just getting a feeler for sales numbers, and if they're good, go with more licensing for the next version?
Old 02-07-2020, 08:33 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 19

The video was a great view of the game from the menu system to on track action.

The guy did a decent job of showing us what we wanted to see.

While there are no "real" tracks one of the tracks he runs in the video looks very similar to Knoxville.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2020, 05:34 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Video was great. Day one for me.

Would like to know about car customisation... and dlc plans.... looks great though..

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »