Home

Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing Video - Career Mode Gameplay

This is a discussion on Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing Video - Career Mode Gameplay within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2020, 12:40 PM   #9
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Tony Stewart's Sprint Car Racing Video - Career Mode Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneebon5
The dirt community has been burnt by these one off games too many times, just have a hard time trusting anything that looks like this.
What dirt racing games were they burnt by? And when were they last released?

It's funny people complain there are never any dirt racing games. Someone (who's done Nascar Heat 1,2,3,4) takes a chance and people still complain about it before its even released.

Is it gonna be perfect? Absolutely not. Could it be better? Absolutely. But it's a dirt sprint car game. As far as I know the first one released in the last two decades.

Frankly the videos that Jeff posted look fun as hell, especially the 410's. So I'll support any company that takes the chance on supporting a niche genre that I love.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2020, 01:44 PM   #10
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

The last world of outlaws game was pretty bad. The PS3/X360 game.

I mean I looked at pictures of the TQ midgets online. I couldn’t see a good shot of the right rear or behind but they didn’t look terribly off. They might have different rules so that they don’t have as much stagger as what iRacing has, which are based on USAC midgets I think.

Regardless this company probably doesn’t have near the budget as iRacing. I don’t think they are marketing this as the ultimate simulation to take away from iRacing. It’s for the more casual market and it looks like to me that they have a decent first effort.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:04 PM   #11
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99
What dirt racing games were they burnt by? And when were they last released?
The last one I tried was "Sprint Cars: Road to Knoxville" on Steam (looks like that was 2006), and it was a disaster. Sound didn't even work. Other budget dirt titles have come and gone (there was an Outlaws game on 360 (2010) that was trash compared to the earlier Ratbag games).

I think this will be much better than those, just based on Favignano's videos so far. They at least look fun to drive, and like they're predictable enough to be semi-believable.

But the car models are just flat out bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2020, 11:16 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I personally think it's very cool to see all of the guys on here who know enough about dirt track racing that they pick out visual inaccuracies with the cars. Great to see that audience tuned in! Personally, we haven't had a fun to drive dirt track game in a long time and if I can get into a car, not have the game crash, have fun sliding around I'm getting $30 of value here. Question, I hope our friends at OS have a review of the game that's coming! These vids have been outstanding
Old 02-13-2020, 03:53 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerScooter
I personally think it's very cool to see all of the guys on here who know enough about dirt track racing that they pick out visual inaccuracies with the cars. Great to see that audience tuned in! Personally, we haven't had a fun to drive dirt track game in a long time and if I can get into a car, not have the game crash, have fun sliding around I'm getting $30 of value here. Question, I hope our friends at OS have a review of the game that's coming! These vids have been outstanding
Agree 100%

I don’t know enough to spot what’s been spotted here but love the look of the game and hope I can find a difficulty to present a challenge but win now and then.

The customisation options seem easy enough to whack a few things on to make it your own but I know people will want deeper options in future.

Overall looks fun and I can’t wait to pick it up tomorrow

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »