Home

NASCAR HEAT 5 - Wish List?

This is a discussion on NASCAR HEAT 5 - Wish List? within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2020, 11:25 AM   #1
Rookie

Bvrat76's Arena

OVR: 0
NASCAR HEAT 5 - Wish List?

This game is border line awful. I'm not sure if this is a wish list or a list of demands that need to be completed to make it even playable. I'm a huge NASCAR fan, I worked in the auto racing industry for some time. I have always passed on these games but with Corona figured I'd give it a try. I should have just spent 70 bucks at the local firework stand. Here we go..

1. Car Adjustments - The little that you can do make little impact on the car.
2. The game freezes constantly, and the graphics look straight out of 2009.
3. Paint booth? Really? How many years ago was there a 100% custom booth option? If we can't upload logos (like NBA2K) or get complete custom options at least give us more paint schemes and a custom color pallet. Won't even get into the fact that the wheels and spoiler colors default to Neon during the race.
4. Career mode is completely lacking. Look at The Show, NBA 2K, even Madden.
5. Complete lack of statistics and replay is lacking
6. Car control is off, no matter the set up it feels like the car is pushing.
7. Was impossible to win on the dirt, but I won the Xfinity and Cup titles in my first season?????
8. Lack of alternative paint schemes (Harvick you can add the beer logo WOWWWW!)

Overall the game was a fun distraction for a night, and I'm glad my kids like it (although having the Skittles Car or PPG Car would make them happier) but this was a complete waste of money. I can't believe in 2020 a game with this lack of depth and quality even finds it's way to the market. Thank goodness Madden comes out soon. It will be a long time before I buy another console racing game. So much potential to make this a really great title hopefully a new developer will take over the reigns soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2020, 02:08 PM   #2
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NASCAR HEAT 5 - Wish List?

#1 and main one for me to buy the game again is realistic damage. I shouldn't be able to slam the wall going 190 and the car look like I barely hit anything. And then once I pit the cars magically back to 100% with not a scratch.

If you want a good console racer, check out F1 2020.
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2020, 02:49 PM   #3
Rookie

Bvrat76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99
#1 and main one for me to buy the game again is realistic damage. I shouldn't be able to slam the wall going 190 and the car look like I barely hit anything. And then once I pit the cars magically back to 100% with not a scratch.

If you want a good console racer, check out F1 2020.
Forgot about the damage - that's another excellent point.

I may try the F1 game, local Family Video has it for rent I'm on the wait list. Refuse to get suckered in for another 60 bucks.

LIONS - TIGERS - RED WINGS - PISTONS - TOPS - BLANEY12
Old 07-10-2020, 04:12 PM   #4
Rookie

My number one wishlist is that they actually made a good Nascar game. To my better judgment I purchased it on Steam and quickly got a refund. NH5 is basically NH4.1

It's running on the dreadful Unity Engine and the developer makes no apologies for it while charging money for paint jobs. Look all I ask is that they try but they are not remotely interested.

I have a 7 yr old rig (i5-3570K and GTX 780, 16GB of RAM) running Automobilista 2 and I kid you not. I can run 28 cars in HIGH settings detail and the game is buttery smooth. With NH5 just looking at the car shadows makes me head for the Steam refund menu. The car shadowing in NH5 is made up of fine dithering dots.

Not to mention I get all kinds of stuttering regardless whether i'm racing 39 cars or I am running solo on the track. It doesn't matter whether I have the settings on LOW or HIGH, it stutters. Shameful
Old 07-17-2020, 12:38 PM   #5
Rookie

First of all, people really have to stop saying,"If you want a good racer, buy F1 2020". F1 Racing and Nascar are two completely different forms of racing. I love Nascar racing, not F1. I know it's a great game, but like everyone else, I want someone to make a great Nascar game, and I'm not confident 704 is up to it.

The real reason I'm here is just to say that the actual racing is fun and addictive. It still has many AI issues at several tracks, but the actual AI drivers have improved over the years - not smashing into to you for no reason, driving different lines during the race, bump drafting that actually works - all good things, but unfortunately, that's pretty much where it ends.

My biggest issue with the racing is that the AI drivers just do not pit when they should. The whole tire-wear system is so screwed up, 704 doesn't see this? During 25% race length, there's no need for you or the AI to pit at all the entire race. Sure, you can set your own car to 2x, 3x, 4x tire-wear to include pit stops, but for what reason? It doesn't affect the AI Drivers, it just puts you at a further disadvantage. The only option they give you is to increase AI fuel consumption and set their tires so that more tire-wear decreases their speed. Terrific, so I do that and the next 25% race I have, they still don't pit. Instead, during the 3rd stage, they slowed down to a crawl such that you could literally pass the whole field in half a lap. This kind of racing logic makes me wanna puke.

Why not just have one mode for tire-wear and fuel consumption and call it "Realistic"? We're all driving the same cars aren't we. Shouldn't TW and FC be pretty much the same, give or take? You want to increase both for shorter races, fine, as long as it affects everybody the same.

All the endless options and features of a game like F1 2020 is great. I want that too, for Nascar. But the racing has to come first. They have to get that down first.
Winning a Nascar race is about racing effectively and pitting strategically. If anyone knows of a current single-player Nascar game that can do, please, I'd love to know.

One more thing: Full replays, from any camera angle, from any driver's perspective. Geez, I think even "Dirt to Daytona" did that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2020, 01:22 PM   #6
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcp22556
First of all, people really have to stop saying,"If you want a good racer, buy F1 2020". F1 Racing and Nascar are two completely different forms of racing. I love Nascar racing, not F1. I know it's a great game, but like everyone else, I want someone to make a great Nascar game, and I'm not confident 704 is up to it.

The real reason I'm here is just to say that the actual racing is fun and addictive. It still has many AI issues at several tracks, but the actual AI drivers have improved over the years - not smashing into to you for no reason, driving different lines during the race, bump drafting that actually works - all good things, but unfortunately, that's pretty much where it ends.

My biggest issue with the racing is that the AI drivers just do not pit when they should. The whole tire-wear system is so screwed up, 704 doesn't see this? During 25% race length, there's no need for you or the AI to pit at all the entire race. Sure, you can set your own car to 2x, 3x, 4x tire-wear to include pit stops, but for what reason? It doesn't affect the AI Drivers, it just puts you at a further disadvantage. The only option they give you is to increase AI fuel consumption and set their tires so that more tire-wear decreases their speed. Terrific, so I do that and the next 25% race I have, they still don't pit. Instead, during the 3rd stage, they slowed down to a crawl such that you could literally pass the whole field in half a lap. This kind of racing logic makes me wanna puke.

Why not just have one mode for tire-wear and fuel consumption and call it "Realistic"? We're all driving the same cars aren't we. Shouldn't TW and FC be pretty much the same, give or take? You want to increase both for shorter races, fine, as long as it affects everybody the same.

All the endless options and features of a game like F1 2020 is great. I want that too, for Nascar. But the racing has to come first. They have to get that down first.

Winning a Nascar race is about racing effectively and pitting strategically. If anyone knows of a current single-player Nascar game that can do, please, I'd love to know.

One more thing: Full replays, from any camera angle, from any driver's perspective. Geez, I think even "Dirt to Daytona" did that!
People like me are quoting F1 because it came out the exact same day. Anybody quoting F1 in a Nascar forum, obviously wants a comparable Nascar game. But unfortunately that's not a option right now. So you can either live with 5, go back to 4 or find a alternative.

I'd love to have a great Nascar game. I honestly don't think 704 or anyone associated with them are the ones to do it.

Old 07-17-2020, 02:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99
People like me are quoting F1 because it came out the exact same day. Anybody quoting F1 in a Nascar forum, obviously wants a comparable Nascar game. But unfortunately that's not a option right now. So you can either live with 5, go back to 4 or find a alternative.

I'd love to have a great Nascar game. I honestly don't think 704 or anyone associated with them are the ones to do it.

I agree 100%. You mentioned going back to 4. I never bought that one - played it a couple of times. Do you recall if the AI pitting logic was more realistic than 5?
Also, I heard the next-gen Nascar Heat game was gonna use a new game engine...bye, bye Unity, and 704 would be under new leadership. Maybe that's a good sign.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:22 PM   #8
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcp22556
I agree 100%. You mentioned going back to 4. I never bought that one - played it a couple of times. Do you recall if the AI pitting logic was more realistic than 5?

Also, I heard the next-gen Nascar Heat game was gonna use a new game engine...bye, bye Unity, and 704 would be under new leadership. Maybe that's a good sign.
I think pit logic is the same. Don't quote me on that. But it sure seems to be the same. Honestly 5 is almost identical with 4 with a few new paint schemes and imo alittle better AI under green flag.

It's sad when your thinking of installing a 17 year old game on my PC to get a decent offline Nascar racer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »