Home

EA Offers $1.2 Billion to Outbid Take-Two For Codemasters

This is a discussion on EA Offers $1.2 Billion to Outbid Take-Two For Codemasters within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2020, 07:11 AM   #9
Rookie

michdb8's Arena

OVR: 0
Take-Two at least have some good game but EA don't have any good one* so this could be thew end of f1 games
Old 12-15-2020, 09:27 AM   #10
Rookie

Re: EA Offers $1.2 Billion to Outbid Take-Two For Codemasters

This is awful news. EA will ruin this franchise, just when it was getting better. Sigh...
Old 12-15-2020, 10:55 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
Sorry to see F1 go ....I mean they will market such a game but I doubt it will ever be the same.
Now we get to hear all the stories about the limited time teams can work on their game in a yearly turn around...the same whining we see in Madden, NBA and any other venture EA puts out during the past 4 to 5 years...
Looks like I'll get to buy this current iteration at a bargain price and will enjoy it for years to come, or if EA ever gets their act together....which I sincerely hope they do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2020, 12:17 PM   #12
Rookie

EA killed video game football now it looks like racing is DOA as well.....I really liked Codemasters games like GRID. Horrible news for gamers.*
Old 12-15-2020, 07:10 PM   #13
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Ea is going kill video gaming. RIP codemasters.
Old 12-24-2020, 04:42 PM   #14
Rookie

BannaCricket's Arena

I just hope they don't turn F1 into a toy, where you have to collect cards for your idiotic ultimate team. Or that they dumb it down, and turn F1 into another PC3. Obviously, I have no earthly idea what their plans are, but when EA is in the mix, you never know.

Last edited by kehlis; 12-26-2020 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Edited text to make it a normal size...Please, don't do that in the future.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:49 PM   #15
Rookie

Many here are forgetting that EA once had the F1 license and made games for the consoles. On the PC side it was geared more towards simulation. Their last entry back in 2003 was F1 Challenge '99-02 and at the time it was one heck of an F1 sim for the PC. It was based on the ISI engine and it was highly modifiable. Even today, the game has quite the following.

So lets wait and see. Hopefully EA leaves Codemasters alone and allows them to continue producing excellent F1 games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2020, 09:40 PM   #16
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Fan
Many here are forgetting that EA once had the F1 license and made games for the consoles. On the PC side it was geared more towards simulation. Their last entry back in 2003 was F1 Challenge '99-02 and at the time it was one heck of an F1 sim for the PC. It was based on the ISI engine and it was highly modifiable. Even today, the game has quite the following.

So lets wait and see. Hopefully EA leaves Codemasters alone and allows them to continue producing excellent F1 games.

EA is quite the different company in 2020 than they were in 2003 though. That's the reason for the concern. Their track record between say 2005 and now isn't that of treating a series well for gamers, and it's definitely not a company that targets sim experiences with their sports games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »