Home

Old 10-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
Season 2 Week 3

Week 3 is up. Next advance is Wednesday at 1:00pm EST. We'll always advance early if everyone is ready.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Season 2 Week 3

San Jose State bounced back with a triple overtime win against San Diego State after a tough loss to #3 Michigan last week. San Jose State dominated the first quarter and just like last week the home team got inside the head of San Jose States coaching staff and went full on beast mode shutting down the San Jose offense in the second quarter and second half while putting up 28 points. With less than a minute left in the fourth San Jose State dug deep and freshman running back Brad Faulk punched the ball into the endzone to take the game to overtime.

OT was brutal as both teams went back and fourth scoring touchdowns until the 2 point conversion was required and that's when San Jose state put a nail in the coffin when Jr CB Forrest Hightower picked off San Diego State's QB Adam Dingwell on a 2 point conversion attempt and took it back to the house 105 yards with the entire San Diego State O-line on his heels the entire way.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Season 2 Week 3

North Texas pulled off a upset. NT 17, USF 13.

1st half the offense was awful, I was trailing 10-0 at the end of the 1st quarter.
I was able to get a fg off a USF turnover to be down 10-3 at the half.
I opened the 2nd half with possession, slowly marching down the field to get a TD.

Tied at 10 to begin the 4th.
I get another drive going only to be denied by missing another fg....
USF gets the ball down to my 3 yard line where I get a major stand to hold them to a fg with only 1:10 left in the game and 1 timeout. The supporting cast stepped up and made a quick strike to get the lead back with 49 seconds left... I left too much time on the clock, but getting the lead was key with the way the D was holding them all day.
Eveld made a huge play on 3rd down to get a 43 yard game with 10 sec left to get them with a realistic shot of winning the game at the 11. Next play incomplete pass.

Last play with 4 sec left, USF guys were covered... Their qb started to make a run for it, I was thinking Oh crap. But my guys turned around and gang tackled him at 1 yard line. I put that play on the highlight.

Special teams was awful, with 2 several missed kicks and very short punts.
A suprising 3-0 record is nice.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Online > Rags To Riches »